CMS Development

tmcmillan99
Contributor | Elite Partner

CMS CLI clarification

SOLVE

I want to start learning and using the new developer tools but wanted to get some clarification first. If I'm only developing landing page and blog templates and not website pages for a particular client, can I still use the new CMS CLI? 

If so, I could still use the CMS boilerplate and create a themes folder for the files, correct? 

I attended the developer webinar and they mentioned the Professional & Enterprise versions of CMS so I was confused on whether or not that was a requirement or if this was the direction for all Hubspot development going forward.

Thanks,

Terry McMillan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

CMS CLI clarification

SOLVE

Hi, @tmcmillan99.

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm happy to clarify.

Professional or Enterprise-level subscription of either the Marketing Hub or CMS Hub is indeed necessary to update templates with the CLI as the design manager must be available in the account.

That said, if an account has one of these subscriptions, you can certainly limit your edits to landing page and blog templates.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if I misunderstood or you have additional queries.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

CMS CLI clarification

SOLVE

Hi, @tmcmillan99.

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm happy to clarify.

Professional or Enterprise-level subscription of either the Marketing Hub or CMS Hub is indeed necessary to update templates with the CLI as the design manager must be available in the account.

That said, if an account has one of these subscriptions, you can certainly limit your edits to landing page and blog templates.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if I misunderstood or you have additional queries.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
tmcmillan99

CMS CLI clarification

SOLVE

Hey Isaac-

No worries on the delay. Thank you for the clarification on what hubs are required. I believe all of our clients have at least the Marketing Pro hub so I should be good. I jumped into the tools earlier this week for a new project and it's a total game changer. Love using the tools and being able to develop locally.

Thanks,

Terry 

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

CMS CLI clarification

SOLVE

Hey, Terry.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks for the feedback as well! We're equally excited Smiley Very Happy

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes