CMS Development

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bulk update content - replace a URL sitewide

Is there any way to hit the database where content is stored and find/replace all instances of a specific piece of content? Need to update a URL sitewide (keeping forwards in place but want to update the source to improve SEO)

4 Replies 4
FrauHoy
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

We have the same issue. Would be a very handy feature, especially when making SEO improvements to sites with large content volumes. 

vic113
Participant

Same issue here!

DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @Anonymous 

U can change in template, for modify all pages with this template, or change in CTA to modify all locations with this CTA. 

I use CTA field in my custom modules in template, exactly for this. With CTA field and not button, i can see views and click rate, and change URL of style easy in CTA options.

For links in text how Rich Text Field, i believe must access all pages if this links are different for each page with template, or change in template (Design Manager) to modify all pages with have the same content for all.

Is some cases, is good create redirection to not lost the visitors with cache or links than forgeted to change: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-to-redirect-a-hubspot-page.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Daniel - I'm looking to make one bulk update across everything though, rather than editing individual components.