CMS Development

ddkrkhfs

Built a custom module for email templates based on product library and smart content

Hey there, 

I am still looking for a solution to update our leads automatically per email when a product that matches their interest becomes available again. I would like to know if anyone knows a way to achieve this. 

I have created multiple active contact lists that group customers based on their interests. I have also created an email template for each group that will be triggered to send out by a workflow (e.g. if a product in category A becomes available again > send an email to contact lists with people in category A). For now, this email will be sent daily IF there is a new product available. 

I would like to build a custom module, which I can add to these email templates, which then shows the product (or products, if there is more than one product in category A that became available again). 

The idea is to sync our product catalogue with the product library and pull data from the product library into the custom module.

A case would be then f.e.:
- Product A and B in category C became available again in the course of the day > property 'available' gets a timestamp
- Every day at 6pm, a workflow checks if products in category C became available between 6pm today and 6pm yesterday > if yes, it sends out email template 'update category C' to contact list 'contacts category C'
- The custom module  displays the products that are in category C and that became available between 6pm today and 6pm yesterday (name, description, price, button to go to website etc., all properties of the product).

We currently have 36 'groups' (with each a matching template and contact list) so it is theoretically still possible to have a custom module for each template, but we plan to expand and it would be better if the custom module displays products based on a smart rule. 

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to build a custom module based on dynamic content from the product library?
2. Is it also possible to use a smart rule to define the content?
3. If not, are there other ways to insert products into a custom module? Like a direct API connection, or another tool?

I really appreciate any advice pointing me in the right direction or suggestions for alternative solutions.

Kind regards,
Didi

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
CRMarketer
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Built a custom module for email templates based on product library and smart content

Hi Didi,

Did you find a good solution for this? I'm finding myself in need for the same information.

0 Upvotes
ralphioooo
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi Didi, 

I think the following might work:

- Instead of syncing to products - we could create a custom sync to a Custom Object in HubSpot. It would contain all the info you need but also a property that is Available true / false
- These products of interest could then be attached to a contact record
- A scheduled workflow could then run and check for products attached to contacts that have become available again. These would then be dynamically inserted into the email template. 

- Would also need to think about exclusions. eg. already purchased? Perhaps we tag these categories on the contact and then suprress them from the workflow.

Thanks for reaching out to us on our article

0 Upvotes