CMS Development

DEdwards
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Building kinetic emails in Hubspot

SOLVE

Hello,

Is it possible to build modular emails in Hubspot with kinetic elements, i.e. carousels, in email navigation, expandable accordions, hover states on images or CTAs?

Many thanks

Dan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@DEdwards @dennisedson 
haha i was literally researching this yesterday for a client that requested similar features (accordion specifically)

While some email clients support advanced css techniques and javascript the popular ones like gmail, outlook, macmail, etc. don't really support most of these dynamic elements.

Most of them when using css/javascript use :active or :checked or :hover which at this time isn't supported by most clients https://www.caniemail.com/search/?s=active

I'm trying to think of alternative solutions but haven't found any, need to do a bit more research. 

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@DEdwards @dennisedson 
haha i was literally researching this yesterday for a client that requested similar features (accordion specifically)

While some email clients support advanced css techniques and javascript the popular ones like gmail, outlook, macmail, etc. don't really support most of these dynamic elements.

Most of them when using css/javascript use :active or :checked or :hover which at this time isn't supported by most clients https://www.caniemail.com/search/?s=active

I'm trying to think of alternative solutions but haven't found any, need to do a bit more research. 

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @DEdwards !

I am gathering kinetic = dynamic elements.  If so, I love that way of looking at it.

You are only limited by how email limits you.

Here is a good resource for what html and css you can use.

@jonchim do you have thoughts?

0 Upvotes