CMS Development

Anton
Trendsetter/-in | Diamond Partner

Building a repository for supplier

lösung

Hi, 

since I've got a nice new job and leaving the company at the end of the month, my chef has instructed me to build a repository of all modules, which I've build in the time I was working for him so that he can grant access for suppliers to the modules.

I had the idea to copy every module from every customer hub to our "agency-test-portal" and build a page where all of them are listed and documented. He thinks that it is not the best way to do that and wants me to put it all to github. Personaly I think it's a big issue due to the fact, that all of the "widgets" in the modules won't be copied to github. So every supplier has to add them again. As some of the modules are still in the "old" design manager i think that it's not very effective. 

Also I've had the idea of installing the "local hubl server" and copy every module into it. So he would need to send the server files to the supplier and that's it. He's not a big fan of this idea. 

Have you guys any tipp or recomendation what's the possible best way to achieve a repository with all of the modules and give my chef the abbility to grant access to it?

He's not quite good with code; so it should be very simple to access, admin and edit it. 

thanks

regards,

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Jsum
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

@Anton,

Github would be the best option except that, you nailed it, the fields have to be setup in order for the modules to work. Every time you grabbed a module from github you would have to plug it into a custom module and create every needed field, to the specs that are needed, with the same system name used for the module. If you are at all quick with html and css then really the fields have a relatively large impact on speed.

That's ok though because, you called it again, Hubspot already has a built in way of easily dispersing your modules to any portal. If your user account has access to both portals then you can just right click on the module file in the design manager and "ccopy to portal" It even takes the assets with it. This is 100% the correct option. I built modules in a test portal to transfer for clients all the time and it is extremely simple.

If I could make one request of Hubspot on the matter it would be to integrate some form of version control across portals. 

Need help? Hire Us Here

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
Jsum
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

@Anton,

Github would be the best option except that, you nailed it, the fields have to be setup in order for the modules to work. Every time you grabbed a module from github you would have to plug it into a custom module and create every needed field, to the specs that are needed, with the same system name used for the module. If you are at all quick with html and css then really the fields have a relatively large impact on speed.

That's ok though because, you called it again, Hubspot already has a built in way of easily dispersing your modules to any portal. If your user account has access to both portals then you can just right click on the module file in the design manager and "ccopy to portal" It even takes the assets with it. This is 100% the correct option. I built modules in a test portal to transfer for clients all the time and it is extremely simple.

If I could make one request of Hubspot on the matter it would be to integrate some form of version control across portals. 

Need help? Hire Us Here

0 Upvotes
Anton

lösung

All right. Thanks @Jsum

Anton Bujanowski Signature
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Anton,

Great question! I want to pull in some subject matter experts: @tjoyce @Jsum do you have any tips on this matter?

Thanks,
Jenny