CMS Development

nikt
Participant

Bug with populating hidden fields which have dependant fields

SOLVE

Hi there,
It seems that when you're populating a hidden field all dependent fields remain hidden no matter what. It works fine with visible fields, but not with hidden ones.

Jsfiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/ndrozd/wdg1ckLs/12/

1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@nikt 

I can confirm this is working as designed.  This is the answer from the engineer:

I circled around this one and looked into documentation of jQuery methods and what jQuery does is nifty indeed, but it completely ignores anything specified in the form definition. It would be possible to listen to jQuery method .show() and override stuff on the form definition as a result of that, but that would fundamentally change the way FormsNext is being rendered, so this would be very risky to implement at this point in time.

We might have a script next year that might be able to support this usecase straight out of box, but as the things stand now, we can't support this one on the FormsNext rendering script

Thanks for your patience on this one and hopefully we can get support for it for next year 🤞

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@nikt ,

I am looking into this and will get back to you when I have an answer for you

0 Upvotes
nikt
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, any updates? 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@nikt 

I can confirm this is working as designed.  This is the answer from the engineer:

I circled around this one and looked into documentation of jQuery methods and what jQuery does is nifty indeed, but it completely ignores anything specified in the form definition. It would be possible to listen to jQuery method .show() and override stuff on the form definition as a result of that, but that would fundamentally change the way FormsNext is being rendered, so this would be very risky to implement at this point in time.

We might have a script next year that might be able to support this usecase straight out of box, but as the things stand now, we can't support this one on the FormsNext rendering script

Thanks for your patience on this one and hopefully we can get support for it for next year 🤞

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@nikt , Still working on it!

0 Upvotes