CMS Development

rdecker

Bug in content.post_body texteditor?

Hello,

it seems I've run into a texteditor bug.

We've built a customers blog with custom HTML templates, and when we edit the content.post_body textarea with the texteditor that shows up all drop down menus have no styles and some of the features do not work at all (the table-tool for example).

hubspot_texteditor_bug1.png

I compared this with with the default blog post template "New Blog Template" and found that the texteditor works there and the dropdown menus have styles applied.

After some further research I found that the react code seems to put the popover <div> into a wrong place in the html code (outside _HS-react-root) and thats why the editors CSS selectors do not apply.
I was able to create a workaround by copying the editor CSS code and changing the CSS Selectors.

See the screenshot comparison below.
I have not yet found why some of the tools do not work, but I assume it has something to do with the React misbehaviour.

Does anybody have an idea why this would be happening?
The URL of the editor view contains "/edit-beta/", I guess it really is a beta-version?

Thank you!

hubspot_texteditor_bug2.png

hubspot_texteditor_bug3.png

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hubsforero     

I apologize for the delay answer, at the time of this post, there weren't any issues with this part of the tool, you can find more information about this here.   

Thank you for the provided information, I am wondering if you still having this issue?

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
rdecker

Hello Sharon,

I just checked the problem and the behaviour has changed slightly.

As long as I keep the "workaround" texteditor CSS code in the template, the popover divs are now put in the right place (div "hs-private") in the DOM.

hubspot-texteditor-css-workaround.png

As soon as I remove the workaround CSS Code from my template the divs end up at the wrong spot again (see screenshots from first post).

It would be great if there would a solution that lets me remove the workaround CSS, because the template editor ist pretty slow with all of the CSS code in there, and if the texteditor is updated in the future this CSS code might stop working correctly.

Also, the table tool does not insert a table into the textarea. The other tools are working.

Do you need any other information from me to be able to track down these two problems?
Or is there anything that could be missing in my template that is required for the texteditor to work properly?

We include

{{ required_head_tags }}

and

{{ standard_footer_includes }}

Thanks for your help!

Rene

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rdecker 

Thank you for the information provided, this will help the experts I will tag so they will be able to advise you.

Hey @prosa @krishangtechn @DaniellePeters could you please share your knowledge with @rdecker ?   

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
prosa
Top Contributor

@rdecker Hi there, can you share the preview of the template with me?

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.
rdecker

@prosaHello prosa, I sent  you a private meassage with some details about the template.

Thanks!

Rene