CMS Development

rsolo
Participant

Broken Blog Template - No Known Reason

Résolue

So funny story. We worked with a developer to adapt a blog template to our website (https://www.saasoptics.com/blog) and pushed it live a few weeks ago. Without any known reason, that blog template "broke" yesterday and the posts are all squished together and the tags are at the bottom. No one edited anything, and HubSpot help didn't spot anything either that would have triggered that issue.

Has anyone had something similar happen? 

I would go back to the developer for help, but it typically takes weeks for her to get around to it, and this is something I really need to be solved sooner.

Any help would be awesome!

1 Solution acceptée
tjoyce
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Your last event publish "SaaSOptics Is The 2018 CODiE Award Winner For Best Billing And Subscription Management Solution" causing the problem. The excerpt for that post is opening a div element that it can't close. I assume the developer has the excerpt set to read the first *nth characters of the blog post body and use them as an excerpt, or something similar to that. He will need to adjust the code to strip html tags from the excerpt. 

excerpt.png

For now, I recommend editing that post and remove html for the first few lines so that it doesn't break your blog. This will give you time to get with your developer to fix it.

tim@belch.io

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
tjoyce
Solution

Résolue

Your last event publish "SaaSOptics Is The 2018 CODiE Award Winner For Best Billing And Subscription Management Solution" causing the problem. The excerpt for that post is opening a div element that it can't close. I assume the developer has the excerpt set to read the first *nth characters of the blog post body and use them as an excerpt, or something similar to that. He will need to adjust the code to strip html tags from the excerpt. 

excerpt.png

For now, I recommend editing that post and remove html for the first few lines so that it doesn't break your blog. This will give you time to get with your developer to fix it.

tim@belch.io

rsolo
Participant

Résolue

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! That worked. I updated the post, and the blog template is back to normal. 

tjoyce

Résolue

Awesome, I see it's working, glad it did!

If you wouldn't mind marking this as Solved, that would be amazing!

tim@belch.io

0 Votes