Blurry CTA's on Desktop and mobile

SOLVE
New Contributor

My CTA buttons that I send in my emails appear blurry on desktop and mobile (screenshots attached). Does anyway know a good fix for this problem? 

Thanks! Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 8.59.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.06.02 AM.png 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Regular Advisor

I was referring to creating a plain HTML button that doesn't quite replicate the CTA functionality (it's just a styled HTML button) but I've realized that @tjoyce has a great response here on how to get the URL for a CTA. 

Using that in a custom module you could create your own custom CTA module for emails that creates a CTA button using the above CTA URL. Something like this: 

Custom-HubSpot-CTA.jpg

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

8 Replies 8
Community Superstar

Please include other non-CTA elements in your screenshots for comparision.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 2.12.26 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Typically the issue here is that HubSpot converts CTAs to low-quality images on email. 

There is a lot of demand on the Ideas forum to resolve this but, in the meanwhile, one possible solution is to create your own HTML CTAs instead. 

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia
HubSpot Design / Development / Automation

Website | Contact

Top Contributor

Have added a comment to the idea you mentioned, although the status of this is now 'delivered' (although clearly not), so can't upvote.

Meanwhile, any tips on how to create those HTML CTAs?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

I was referring to creating a plain HTML button that doesn't quite replicate the CTA functionality (it's just a styled HTML button) but I've realized that @tjoyce has a great response here on how to get the URL for a CTA. 

Using that in a custom module you could create your own custom CTA module for emails that creates a CTA button using the above CTA URL. Something like this: 

Custom-HubSpot-CTA.jpg

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

Top Contributor

Thanks Stephanie. Will check it out and get back to you ASAP Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes

Did this work for you?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
jau
Regular Contributor

Steph,

As of today Hubspot emails do not support flexible columns. Is there some way your solution of a custom module can be utilized and still be flexible? As in, my marketers want to put CTA's where they need them on a per email basis within the contraint of the editable regions I give them in templates.

Use case, an email template with three Rich Text Editors. It's very possible they may want a CTA in the middle of some copy within a Rich Text Editor on one email, but not the next. Since we can't use flexible columns it sounds like the Custom Module you are suggesting would be placed on the template level and then be stuck there.

Please let me know if im missing something! I try to do digging around as often as I can for updates to the hubspot system development wise. Flexible columns on emails would be awesome(understandably dangerous in the wrong hands too*).

Our primary goal as developers here is to arm marketers with assets they can use efficiently and do not require coming back to dev everytime they need to move a button or make minor tweaks. Also, we don't dump code into Rich Text Editors and ask marketers to edit it themselves on a per case basis as we are building these solutions for all sorts of people. From super tech savvy to not entirely tech savvy. Non coders editing code just isn't a feasible solution for us unfortunately.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes