CMS Development

Jsum
Key Advisor

Blog topic filtering stuck on cache

SOLVE

Hey all,

I am attempting to do some custom stuff on a template that is only applicable when the {{ topic }} variable is true, i.e. the blog is being filtered by a topic.

as far as I can tell, the blog preview doesn't preview a filtered URL and when I click on a filter link in the previewer it just opens the live page within the preview, but it isn't the previewer's, so I can't avoid Hubspot's caching in the previewer or in the browser. It doesn't seem like there is anywhere to preview the filter by topic or archive links.

As it stands, I'm making minor CSS adjustments and having to smash (ctr+f5) a couple of million times and wait an hour to see if it takes effect. It's wash, rinse, repeat with every single change I make. It's driving me a little batty. 

I'm a little rusty with Hubspot, is there a solution to this issue?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Jsum

wouldn't it be an option to set up aa simple page(or in your case a demo-blog) with noindex so you can test the functionality properly? 😀

btw - topics aren't supported anymore (for a long time) you should go with the "new" tag-function instead. 

I don't assume that you don't know how to write the if-statement but for possible future users here's the code

{{ blog_tags('default', 250) }}

{% set my_tags = blog_tags('default', 250) %}

{% unless my_tags == "" %}
Place your content here
{% endunless %}

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

miljkovicmisa
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Jsum , I'm using the chrome extension HubSpot Developer, you can find it in this link.
What it does (among other great things) is add the `hsBustCache` parameter to the url so you can always preview a chache-free page.
I hope I didn't misunderstood your issue, seems like it is related to chaching.

Besides that, I would make sure that the template you're editing is the one you are previewing 😛
Happened to me dozens of times 😴

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
miljkovicmisa
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Jsum , I'm using the chrome extension HubSpot Developer, you can find it in this link.
What it does (among other great things) is add the `hsBustCache` parameter to the url so you can always preview a chache-free page.
I hope I didn't misunderstood your issue, seems like it is related to chaching.

Besides that, I would make sure that the template you're editing is the one you are previewing 😛
Happened to me dozens of times 😴

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @Jsum

wouldn't it be an option to set up aa simple page(or in your case a demo-blog) with noindex so you can test the functionality properly? 😀

btw - topics aren't supported anymore (for a long time) you should go with the "new" tag-function instead. 

I don't assume that you don't know how to write the if-statement but for possible future users here's the code

{{ blog_tags('default', 250) }}

{% set my_tags = blog_tags('default', 250) %}

{% unless my_tags == "" %}
Place your content here
{% endunless %}

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jsum ,

Searhc blog-tag-filter module and clone then move this module in your folder.
Add this module to your blog page. It get TOPIC automatically.

https://prnt.sc/1jrzq1c
https://prnt.sc/1jrzyeo

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes