CMS Development

RossRaffin
Participant | Diamond Partner

Blog taking way too long to load

SOLVE

I'm working on https://blog.premployerinc.com/prblog and it is taking several seconds to load each page. I'm not a developer, so I'm hoping there is some solution that won't involve having to mess around with source code.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

It looks like you have an element in your footer that should be easy to track down and delete.

It has a class called "loader-container" and my guess, it can be found in the footer module.

Image 2020-06-25 at 1.16.28 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
tjoyce

SOLVE

@RossRaffin - I would recommend removing the loading animation from your blog. Here's several reasons I normally instruct users to not use a loader.

1. Users are impatient. Browsers cascade asset loading based on the order they appear in the code. That's why it's best to keep heavy loading scripts at the bottom of the page since a script in itself does not usually provide any visual stimulation for the user.  Your blog appears to load in a considerably average amount of time and removing the loading animation would allow the user to view your content almost instantly.

2. The loading animation is controlled by javascript. If a piece of your code in your website causes a blocking error in the javascript, the loader could possibly never dissapear for the user. I've seen this happen many times when proper cross browser testing hasn't been completed or the user is on an older browser. It's best to let the javascript errors fail quietly.

All in all, your load times seem fine. It's just the appearance of being slow because of your loading animation.

I don't see any images over 40kb which is great. 

RossRaffin

SOLVE

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Do you know how I can turn off that loading animation? Is it a HubSpot feature?

If not, do you have any suggestions for how to get rid of it?

tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

It looks like you have an element in your footer that should be easy to track down and delete.

It has a class called "loader-container" and my guess, it can be found in the footer module.

Image 2020-06-25 at 1.16.28 AM.png

0 Upvotes