CMS Development

grantbunyan

Blog tag slug editing

How are blog tag slugs set? I've recently imported a bunch of old wordpress blog articles. Our marketing team has been kindly going through them to shorten the massive list of tags by deleting and/or combining similar ones. As a result I now have a list of around 10-15 tags. However the tag slugs seem a little odd and unnecesarily awkward and I'd like to tidy them up to better match the tag names.

I think it's something to do with redirects HubSpot has added as a result of the tag consolidation, but I can't check or edit tag slugs, and I'd really like to!

Any pointers would be gladly recieved!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
lscanlan
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Blog tag slug editing

Hi @grantbunyan,

I believe those tag slugs should just be getting set to the name of the tag itself, where spaces get converted into hyphens. So for example a tag like, "Cloud Data Centre" would have a slug like "cloud-data-centre". Some characters will be removed, like ampersands. So if you have a tag of "Cloud & Data Centre", that tag's slug will also become "cloud-data-centre". Are you seeing something different from that? If so, I'd be happy to take a look at what's going on.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
grantbunyan

Blog tag slug editing

For the most part yes they follow that pattern. However, after deleting lots of old, unused tags, I am still left with one where the tag name is 'Partners', and the slug is 'partners-[company-name]'.

0 Upvotes