CMS Development

liselippert
Participant | Diamond Partner

Blog on webpage

SOLVE

I'm creating a webpage for a customer using local development. How can I implement the blog on this webpage? 

I've manage to create a blog listing module, but I want the whole blog to be on the webpage. I want the blog to have the same header and footer as the webpage, and not go to another domain. 

Any suggestions? 🙂

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Blog on webpage

SOLVE

hi @liselippert

if you want just another URL you should be able to change it in the blog settings. 

You find them here:

settings -> website -> blog 
But be careful - if it's a live blog it can the link structure inside the blog(posts). You should create a backup flex-redirect from blog.COMPANY.com to COMPANY.com/blog (or what ever your URL structure looks like). And create a backup/export of all blog posts. Furthermore you should run a test in a dev-environment or new blog with only a few lorem ipsum posts.

I think you could technicaly build such a module but this will demand a lot of work/hours - so I don't recommend this. Much easier would be to change the blog URL in the settings as I've written above. 

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Anton
Solution

Blog on webpage

SOLVE

hi @liselippert

if you want just another URL you should be able to change it in the blog settings. 

You find them here:

settings -> website -> blog 
But be careful - if it's a live blog it can the link structure inside the blog(posts). You should create a backup flex-redirect from blog.COMPANY.com to COMPANY.com/blog (or what ever your URL structure looks like). And create a backup/export of all blog posts. Furthermore you should run a test in a dev-environment or new blog with only a few lorem ipsum posts.

I think you could technicaly build such a module but this will demand a lot of work/hours - so I don't recommend this. Much easier would be to change the blog URL in the settings as I've written above. 

best, 

Anton

Anton

Blog on webpage

SOLVE

Hi @liselippert

do you use the HubSpot Blog feature or is it an external blog?

If external you have following options:

1. Import the whole external blog into HubSpot
  2. Write a stylesheet for the external blog which will fit the look&feel of the new HubSpot header and footer
  3. create a simple jQuery load module which will load a certain div by it's ID(bestcase the whole blog container) into an empty div in HubSpot(not recommended since this will most likely have a big impact on pagespeed)
  4. Anybody who will suggest you to go with iFrames - ignore him/her. It's the worst possible way since iFrames aren't resonsive

If it's an HubSpot blog it shouldn't be a problem to edit/write a blog template with the default header and footer

best, 

Anton

liselippert

Blog on webpage

SOLVE

@Anton It's a HubSpot blog. I don't want to be redirected to a blog.domain.com site. I would like to keep all the content of the blog on the webpage. Just changing the blog template won't do it for me. Can I possibly make a HubSpot module that lists all blog posts and links to the right blog post without redirecting? 🙂

0 Upvotes