CMS Development

malexdander

Blog Topic Page 404s

I am seeing a weird problem in Hubspot and wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I saw a spike in 404s on our client's site and when I dug deeper, it was all the blog topic pages, ex. www.example.com/blog/topic/tacos

As I look into the back end, it seems the blog topic pages still exist but they are set up with lowercase letters. The links on the site all point to topics that include capital letters, ex. www.example.com/blog/topic/Tacos

I've never seen a capital vs. lowercase letters causing a 404 before, and I'm wondering if I have to edit all the links or if I should put in 301s redirecting www.example.com/blog/topic/Tacos to www.example.com/blog/topic/tacos. 

Anyone have help or insight on this?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
JasonRosa
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Blog Topic Page 404s

@malexdander I believe this has to do with a recent change on HubSpot's end where topic slugs became accent and case sensitive to accomodate for different variations of the same topic name (e.g. Video vs. Vidéo). So in your example listed below, if you wanted www.example.com/blog/topic/tacos to not lead to a 404 page, you'd want to set up a redirect for that URL to www.example.com/blog/topic/Tacos

0 Upvotes