CMS Development

sarahillman

Blog Subscription Form Styling Driving Me Crazy!

SOLVE

Hello, I'm adding the blog form code to my blog post template. I want the field label, text input field and button to be on one line but I'm struggling to find a way to do this. I've created a class to hold the form elements and assigned it to display it as inline-block so the label, input field and button will all be on one line but the field keeps wrapping below the other two elements.

This is the preview of the page:

https://app.hubspot.com/design-previewer/3862461/templates/45031200127 

This is how I want it to look: I circled the form elements on the right in red.

condati-hubspot-blog-issues.png

And this is how it looks. 

Now.png

1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sarahillman,

I looked into the screenshot and came up with the following conclusion that there are different possibilities for the issue such as:

• The structure of the form is wrong which makes it look like this.
  • There is a chance that after the label there is a <br> which is compelling the input box to shift to another line.

It is quite difficult to find the exact reason by just looking at the screenshot. Is it possible for you to add my teammate to the portal so that he can help you out or can you just share the code for a particular section. Anything would work.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sarahillman,

I looked into the screenshot and came up with the following conclusion that there are different possibilities for the issue such as:

• The structure of the form is wrong which makes it look like this.
  • There is a chance that after the label there is a <br> which is compelling the input box to shift to another line.

It is quite difficult to find the exact reason by just looking at the screenshot. Is it possible for you to add my teammate to the portal so that he can help you out or can you just share the code for a particular section. Anything would work.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
Ntbrown
Contributor

SOLVE

@dennisedson Slice and dice everything I see that bugs me 🍜 

source

Ntbrown
Contributor

SOLVE

Can you link an accessible preview?

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@sarahillman , to @Ntbrown point, the community cannot access any link that starts with app.hubspot.com.  We would have to be members of your portal to see that 😀

And you definietly don't want @Ntbrown in there 🙃. Who know what he would do!