CMS Development

Shahnu97

Blog Posts are not showing inside secondary domain

Hello Everyone,

I need help in fixing the below issue:

1. I have created a secondary domain for blog in sandbox environment and then i have installed custom theme there in the secondary domain which i was using the same inside my primary domain.

So, the blog posts whatever are there are for my primary domain preprod.xyz.com

Now I am not able to create the blog posts for my secondary domain which is qa.xyz.com

when I am trying to create new posts it gets created with primary domain url only not the secondary domain.

Also none of my blogs posts appear in my secondary domain blog theme.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
GRajput
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @Shahnu97 

There are a few things you can check to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Make sure that the secondary domain is properly connected to HubSpot.
2. Verify that the secondary domain is using the same custom theme as the primary domain.
3. Check the DNS settings for the secondary domain to ensure that they are pointing to HubSpot's servers.
4. Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
5. Try creating a new blog post again.

If you are still having trouble, you can contact HubSpot support for assistance.

Here are some additional details about each of these steps:

1. To verify that the secondary domain is properly connected to HubSpot, go to **Settings** > **Website** > **Domains & URLs**. In the **Secondary Domains** section, make sure that the secondary domain is listed and that it is in the **Active** state.
2. To verify that the secondary domain is using the same custom theme as the primary domain, go to **Design** > **Themes**. In the **Active Themes** section, make sure that the custom theme is listed for both the primary and secondary domains.
3. To check the DNS settings for the secondary domain, you will need to contact your domain registrar. They will be able to tell you what the DNS settings should be for your secondary domain.
4. To clear the cache and cookies in your browser, follow these steps:
* Close your browser.
* Open your browser again.
* Press `Ctrl`+`Shift`+`Delete` on your keyboard.
* Select the **Cookies** and **Cache** options.
* Click on the **Clear** button.
5. To create a new blog post, go to **Blog** > **Posts**. Click on the **New Post** button. Fill out the form and click on the **Publish** button.

Hope this will helps you out. Please mark it as Solution Accepted to help other Community member.
Thanks!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@Shahnu97 if you have CMS Hub Enterprise and you have both of the domains connected, then you would need to change the default domain for the blog that you want to use the secondary domain.

HubSpot Settings > Website > Blog

At the top, it will say Current View - where you can change to each of the blogs and the settings below will correspond to that blog.

At the bottom, you'll need to change the domain in the dropdown here:

Jnix284_0-1685389250649.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin