CMS Development

TGerhard
Participant

Blog Pagination Link returns "This page is unavailable"

I've implemented a simple pagination on my blog listing page and the URLs that are generated look correct.  Unfortunately, whenever I try to click on my pagination to get to the next page I get an error message "This page is unavailable".

The URLs look like this: www.mydomain.com/blog/page/2

And I also have enough blog posts to justify a second page.

Pagination Snippet:

{# Blog pagination #}
        {% if contents.total_page_count > 1 %}
          <nav aria-label="Pagination" role="navigation">
            {% set page_list = [-2, -1, 0, 1, 2] %}
            {% if contents.total_page_count - current_page_num == 1 %}{% set offset = -1 %}
            {% elif contents.total_page_count - current_page_num == 0 %}{% set offset = -2 %}
            {% elif current_page_num == 2 %}{% set offset = 1 %}
            {% elif current_page_num == 1 %}{% set offset = 2 %}
            {% else %}{% set offset = 0 %}{% endif %}

<a class="blog-pagination__link blog-pagination__prev-link {{ 'blog-pagination__prev-link--disabled' if !last_page_num }}"{% if last_page_num %} href="{% if current_page_num == 2 %}{{ group.absolute_url }} {% else %}{{ blog_page_link(last_page_num) }}{% endif %}" rel="prev"{% else %} aria-disabled="true" disabled {% endif %} role="button" aria-label="Go to previous page">
              Prev
            </a>
            {% for page in page_list %}
              {% set this_page = current_page_num + page + offset %}
              {% if this_page > 0 and this_page <= contents.total_page_count %}
                <a class="blog-pagination__link blog-pagination__number-link {{ 'blog-pagination__link--active' if this_page == current_page_num }}" aria-label="Go to Page {{ this_page }}" {% if this_page == current_page_num %}aria-current="true"{% endif %} href="{% if this_page == 1 %}{{ group.absolute_url }}{% else %}{{ blog_page_link(this_page) }}{% endif %}">{{ this_page }}</a>
              {% endif %}
            {% endfor %}
            <a class="blog-pagination__link blog-pagination__next-link {{ 'blog-pagination__next-link--disabled' if !next_page_num }}"{% if next_page_num %} href="{{ blog_page_link(current_page_num + 1) }}"  rel="prev" {% else %} aria-disabled="true" disabled {% endif %} role="button" aria-label="Go to next page">
              Next
            </a>
          </nav>
        {% endif %}
        {# End blog pagination #}

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

@TGerhard I've always used hs-sites with no issues, but yeah it does seem weird maybe there's a bug on hubspotpagebuilder.com

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
John
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Here are some steps to test this:

1. swap blog template to a native hs theme
  2. see if you are still getting a page unavailable message

If those other themes work, then its your code. If they don't, then you need to open a support ticket

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

0 Upvotes
TGerhard
Participant

Apparently changing the domain from "hubspotpagebuilder.com" to "hs-sites.com" fixed both my errors.

It still seems weird to me though, that one of the test-domains has these kinds of issues. Can I expect this to be fixed anytime soon or should I switch to hs-sites instead?

jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Thanks @TGerhard looks like it's a hubspotpagebuilder domain issue. But i've confirmed that the pagination code you have above works in a live website, so it should work when you take the site live.

Jon Chim

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
TGerhard
Participant

That's weird. Is this normal with hubspot?

I also have another url that seems to be affected by this: If you check https://fides.hubspotpagebuilder.com/events and scroll down a bit there are 3 elements that are printed:

{{request.query_dict }}
{{request.path_and_query}}
{{request}}

But for what ever reason, whenever you pass a query string it doesn't work. Also the request is without https.

TGerhard_0-1618419840445.png

Is this related to that issue as well?

0 Upvotes
jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hey @TGerhard,

Interesting your pagination code works perfect in my dev blog environment. I'm also testing using the hs-sites domain and have no issues. Would you be able to link us to that development site?

Jon Chim

0 Upvotes
TGerhard
Participant

Of course. This is my blog url. I've set the "numbers of posts per listing page" to 1, so you can see the pagination: https://fides.hubspotpagebuilder.com/blog

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @TGerhard 

Are you still working on this?

Going to get some 👀 on it!

@jonchim , @Anton you all have thoughts?

0 Upvotes
TGerhard
Participant

Hi, yes this is still un-solved.

I don't know if this is relevant but I am currently working on a hubspotpagebuilder.com subdomain since I haven't connected my real domain yet.

0 Upvotes