CMS Development

jvargas2
Participant

Blog Author Page Not Generating

SOLVE

I have a few authors who are not having their page be generated as expected. I currently have multiple blogs. When you click on an author name it takes you to  /[blog-slug]/author/[author-slug] where usually the author template takes over.

However, I have about 6 authors who just get a 404 when you go to their page. This feels like a HubSpot bug rather than anything I can take care of myself. Any idea why this is happening?

Here's an example where there are quite a few of the authors with broken pages: https://daml.com/company?page=3

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Hi @jvargas2,

On the author link, I see a query_dict of hsLang=en. Is the blog and/or author setup multilingual?

Is it's good to check out the following:

Check out if the language of your blogs is set inside the HubSpot blog settings.

Check if the author is setup multilingual. You can see this by going to the blog author and check if a language is behind there names.

hs-authors.png

If the language of an autor recently setup to a specific language, you will need to reconnect the author to the written/original blogs. By default, HubSpot authors are not setup multilingual so you can select autors on every language since most use of a autor is only for the name and e-mail. But since a author also has an bio, you also have the possibility this translate this. Therefore it's possible to create them multilingual. One bad thing is that you will need to reconnect the autor again to the right blog posts. So try to select the autor again to the post and try checking out the author link again.

Good to know. I had has caching issues with playing around and setting upmultilingual autors and tags, so also check the links in a incognito window and try use the Buster Cache by adding the following to your author links: www.sample.com/blog/author/author-name?hsCacheBuster=2454 You can change the number 2454 for refreshing the cache.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
NLacaria
Participant

SOLVE

Hello all, I am having the same issue, but its not easily fixed by the language change- her URL works on every page except one- the rseources page (URL-https://www.boardroominsiders.com/resources)

You can then see the snippet of the blog post with a link to the author- which 404's there. So i checked design manager and i think the problem lies in 35 of the code

..by <a class="author-link" href="{{ group.absolute_url }}/author/blog/{{ recent_post.blog_post_author.slug }}">{{ recent_post.blog_post_author.display_name }}</a></div>
</div>..

For some reason only on this page, when that same author's snippet is featured, the link never works. But when you go to the actual blog post and click on her name, it does.

The correct link for hers is https://www.boardroominsiders.com/blog/author/sharon-gillenwater 

I did find this, line 35 group.absolute_url

But when I change group.absolute_url to blog.author_url it does nothing.
Author/blog are reversed in the incorrect link. 

any ideas?
0 Upvotes
NLacaria
Participant

SOLVE

got it fixed. There was syntax change that was not updated in the theme

thx

Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Hi @jvargas2,

On the author link, I see a query_dict of hsLang=en. Is the blog and/or author setup multilingual?

Is it's good to check out the following:

Check out if the language of your blogs is set inside the HubSpot blog settings.

Check if the author is setup multilingual. You can see this by going to the blog author and check if a language is behind there names.

hs-authors.png

If the language of an autor recently setup to a specific language, you will need to reconnect the author to the written/original blogs. By default, HubSpot authors are not setup multilingual so you can select autors on every language since most use of a autor is only for the name and e-mail. But since a author also has an bio, you also have the possibility this translate this. Therefore it's possible to create them multilingual. One bad thing is that you will need to reconnect the autor again to the right blog posts. So try to select the autor again to the post and try checking out the author link again.

Good to know. I had has caching issues with playing around and setting upmultilingual autors and tags, so also check the links in a incognito window and try use the Buster Cache by adding the following to your author links: www.sample.com/blog/author/author-name?hsCacheBuster=2454 You can change the number 2454 for refreshing the cache.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
jvargas2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for pointing out the language issue! For anyone else, all my authors who were leading to 404 pages had their language set to "English - United States". Changing their language to just "English" fixed it right away without needing to clear cache.

0 Upvotes