CMS Development

Bradford

Best way to build an email - design tools? code?

SOLVE

Hi - I've recently moved to hubspot from Mailchimp.  Mailchimp had really good drag and drop toold for building emails that looked really good.

What is the best drag-and-drop option for building emails that would be most like Mailchimp?  I've tried some of the free templates, but they aren't even close to the costomization that Mailchimp offers.

I'm also an ok coder, so If I had to, I could code one from scratch, but it's DEFINATELY not my first choice.

Thanks in advance for your help directing me towards the best option.

-Bradford

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'd say the most similar experience to Mailchimp is to use the new drag-and-drop email builder which I believe went live to all accounts just last month

The classic editor is also drag and drop (and there's a fully coded version) but at the template level and lets you customise the HTML/CSS, add in custom modules... etc. This works well for developers and might work for you but marketers tend to find it a little challenging. 

The new builder is easier for marketers as it lets them update the email at the email level but I haven't quite seen a way for designers/developers to create branded templates, although perhaps you can play around with it in the Emails section and create some layouts that can then be cloned. That being said, I haven't spent much time in the new tool yet so you'll find others more in the know than me!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'd say the most similar experience to Mailchimp is to use the new drag-and-drop email builder which I believe went live to all accounts just last month

The classic editor is also drag and drop (and there's a fully coded version) but at the template level and lets you customise the HTML/CSS, add in custom modules... etc. This works well for developers and might work for you but marketers tend to find it a little challenging. 

The new builder is easier for marketers as it lets them update the email at the email level but I haven't quite seen a way for designers/developers to create branded templates, although perhaps you can play around with it in the Emails section and create some layouts that can then be cloned. That being said, I haven't spent much time in the new tool yet so you'll find others more in the know than me!

Stephanie O'Gay Garcia

HubSpot CMS Design & Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

0 Upvotes
Bradford

SOLVE

Hi - Thanks!  That was very helpful.  Although I had looked at the drag-and-drop feature, I moved on before I saw it's full abilities.  I will mess with it more soon, but it looks like a good alternatie to coding by hand.

Thank you!

Bradford

0 Upvotes