CMS Development

Riina-K
Participant

Best/correct way to conduct some changes to our website

Hi!

Hoping to find some helpful guidance here in order not to mess anything up with our website. 🙂

We are replacing 3 pages in our website. One of these pages is the homepage. I have created draft webpages out of these and ready to launch, but what is the best or correct way to do this? All other pages in our website (incl. also blog and landing pages) will remain as they are.

Can I just 

• Publish the new pages with new url
  • Replace the links in the menus to the new pages
  • Redirect the old pages url to the new pages url

Or should I use content staging, i.e. create these draft pages again in the staging mode etc. And is this actually the only way to do it anyway when it comes to the homepage? (I learned about this staging functionality only after I already had created the draft pages...)

In addition to the above questions; we currently have two language versions of the website but we are also planning to remove the other one entirely. What is the best way to do this? Should I just unpublish those pages? And then redirect all the links to the English main pages?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
ashleyidesign
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

I highly suggest using the content staging tool. This way you can pull in the current meta information and when you go to publish, it'll be at the same URLs.

For the other question, you'll want to unpublish and archive then redirect them to the English versions.

0 Upvotes
Riina-K
Participant

Thank you!

I actually do want to change at least one of the url's. But in any case, this is probably the best way to do it, right?

I assume I need to recreate the pages in the staging, or is there a way to move the draft webpages to staged pages?

0 Upvotes