CMS Development

jellcreative

Automating underline style for text links

Is there a way to automate the underlining of text links in a marketing email? We set our text styles in the Design tab, including an underline:

PastedGraphic-6.png

When I insert a link, the underline appears on the text link in Preview and the Underline icon is “on”:

PastedGraphic-7.png

However, the underline styling (decoration: underline) does not appear in the source code:

PastedGraphic-8.png

If I toggle the underline style in the text editor off then on again, then the underline decoration does appear in the code:

PastedGraphic-9.png

In every other email campaign editor we’ve used, we were able to specify that the underline decoration should be applied to all text links automatically. We’ve never had to apply it manually to each link before. Is there something we’re missing?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hey @jellcreative,

By default when creating a new email using the drag and drop builder, the underline style for all links should be set by default, I don't think it should show inline but should be applied in the stylesheet for the email. 

Are you using a custom template or did you start with one of the basic ones?

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
jellcreative

Hi Jon —

We started with just a basic email template.

I see your point about the underline style not being applied inline, but it doesn't appear globally in the code. The rest of the styling does appear inline and, as mentioned above, when the underline is manually added it also appears inline. Any ideas?

0 Upvotes