CMS Development

DanBQ
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Auto Redirect to Correct Language Page not Working

SOLVE

Hi all,

I am confused as to why my pages aren't automatically loading the specific country version of each page depending on the country you are in.

For example, I am in the UK and there is a published uk version of this page https://www.cogencyglobal.com/ so when I enter that into my browser shouldn't I be redirected to the UK version?

I have enabled the setting  "Enable Language Specific Redirects" but it's not working.

Any ideas or work arounds?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kim_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanBQ , 

The language specific redirects will redirect any links on a language-specific version of a page to the appropriate link with the same translation. They don't redirect based on IP-adres/location of the website visitor. 

Smart content is the only default option, but that's not going to solve the problem for your entire website. You need to implement a third party geo IP tool to properly redirect your page based on the IP address.

Best regards, 

Kim

Did this post help solve your problem, help the community and mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Kim_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DanBQ , 

The language specific redirects will redirect any links on a language-specific version of a page to the appropriate link with the same translation. They don't redirect based on IP-adres/location of the website visitor. 

Smart content is the only default option, but that's not going to solve the problem for your entire website. You need to implement a third party geo IP tool to properly redirect your page based on the IP address.

Best regards, 

Kim

Did this post help solve your problem, help the community and mark it as solution.