CMS Development

PatrickRyan

Auto-Publish HubSpot Hosted Blog Posts to External Website

Hello forum community, I was told by our HubSpot rep to ask this question here. My problem is that our company just migrated our blogs from our current CMS system (Sitefinity) to the HubSpot blog system. The way our sites are currently designed is that blog posts appear on certain pages of our website automatically when published based on the categories we were setting for them in the backend of Sitefinity.

Since we've moved over to HubSpot now, I'm not sure how we would be able to accomplish this without posting the blog twice (once in HubSpot and once in Sitefinity) and then disallowing search engines to crawl the Sitefinity posts. This solution just seems extremely manual and would require a lot of extra work.

Does anyone know of a solution someone has used in the past to get this done? Is it possible to pull categories out of an RSS feed?

Here are a couple example URLs of pages on our website where we're pulling in blog posts based on categories to different service or industry pages:

Scroll down the page and you'll see a box on the left hand side titled "Articles":

http://plumb.sva.com/services/individual-retirement-service-madison-milwaukee-appleton

On the right sidebar underneath the "Biz Tips" graphic you can see another example:

http://accountants.sva.com/business-and-practice-transitions-madison-milwaukee-appleton-rockford

Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
TRooInbound
Key Advisor

Hi @PatrickRyan,

can you please conform @edjusten? is this type of RSS feed possible in HubSpot?  

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @TRooInbound @PatrickRyan .  We provide an RSS feed for blog topics (also known as tags) instructions from grabbing HubSpot tag RSS feeds are located here

Thank you.

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution