CMS Development

InterstateTen

Author module in sidebar

Hello everyone!

I am trying, albeit to no avail, to add an author section to the sidebar on our blog. I followed the instructions from this academy article: http://bit.ly/2ncsxU7, but I am not getting the result displayed. I would like this to live in the sidebar area, but I attempted to add it below the blog for now. The author photo is squished and I can't seem to get it to properly align. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JanekNahm
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Author module in sidebar

Hi,

Part of the CSS you added controls the avatar image  

.avatar-module img {
    border-radius: 50%!important;
    height: 120px;
    width: 120px;
    float: left;
    margin:0px 20px 0px 20px;
}

and the position of the image

.avatar-module {
    display: table-cell; 
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Without the link to the page, it is impossible to guess the error. Some things you could check:

• Make sure that the image is not influenced by another css rule (regarding side ratio and position in table). 
  • Try a rectangle shaped author image
  • Check if the block you added to the Blog Listing does not sit in a container that could influence the way the image is positioned or displayed

Kind regards,

Janek

0 Upvotes
InterstateTen

Author module in sidebar

Hi Janek,

Thanks so much for the response. The changes are not live, but the address is blog.interstatetenant.com. The addition is to be made to the individual blogs.

I tried two things: I added the CSS to the

1. I added the CSS to the head, and then added html in a custom html module in the sidebar

2. I created a new stylesheet which I added in addition to the current stylesheet. 

Thanks again,

Jaime

0 Upvotes
JanekNahm

Author module in sidebar

Hi Jaime,

Is nothing shown at all or is the formatting just not right? 

KR

Janek

0 Upvotes
InterstateTen

Author module in sidebar

Hi Janek,

It's showing up, but not formatting correctly.

Jaime

0 Upvotes
JanekNahm

Author module in sidebar

Hi Jaime,

Place the css in your main css file and publish the file. 

You can check this file to see if the code is present: https://blog.interstatetenant.com/hs-fs/hub/2580056/hub_generated/template_assets/1488319161213/cust...

Currently, no individual css file is loaded and I cannot see any inline reference. 

0 Upvotes