CMS Development

tezrosolutions

Assigning labels to custom modules inside flexible columns

SOLVE

Hi Guys,

I have a flexible column module which entails several custom modules, see attached picture. Is there a way I can assign a label to each of these custom modules? This will basically make content management easier for me.

Looking forward towards hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

2017-12-06_10-26-54.png

1 Accepted solution
TRooInbound
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @tezrosolutions,

I don't think so this type of custom module label change available in HubSpot or maybe this is not possible because if you use flexible column functionality that user can add and remove a custom module from page edit mode and if you change label name that how can we identify that which custom module needs to add in a flexible column.

still, if this is possible that it's good for us. but for that, you have to submit an idea in HubSpot idea forum and I will give 1 upvote for this.

but for now, if you want an easy solution that just clones all your custom module and change the label of that. simple. 

how to clone custom module

trooinbound clone.PNG

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Team TRooinbound

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ekpierce
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Yes please, this is driving me CRAZY!

0 Upvotes
jveler_ecrs
Contributor

SOLVE

When I developed a custom coded email template with custom modules back in January, after this post, I was able to use the "label" parameter of the custom module and it showed up in the list with the label, rather than the module name itself.  This functionality seems to have disappeared now. 

This ticket references a similar issue:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Content-Design-Questions/Module-Label-Not-Working/m-p/182265

This is not the behavior prior to the new design editor. Can we get this functionality back?

0 Upvotes
TRooInbound
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @tezrosolutions,

I don't think so this type of custom module label change available in HubSpot or maybe this is not possible because if you use flexible column functionality that user can add and remove a custom module from page edit mode and if you change label name that how can we identify that which custom module needs to add in a flexible column.

still, if this is possible that it's good for us. but for that, you have to submit an idea in HubSpot idea forum and I will give 1 upvote for this.

but for now, if you want an easy solution that just clones all your custom module and change the label of that. simple. 

how to clone custom module

trooinbound clone.PNG

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Team TRooinbound

0 Upvotes
tezrosolutions

SOLVE

It isn't what I am looking for but it seems like the only game in town. But thanks!

0 Upvotes