CMS Development

cristigheorghe
Participante

Appending "hsLang" to all links? What is this?!

resolver

For one or two days we've observed yet another unannounced change in the way links for HubSpot COS websites are handled. Now all the internal links get a parameter appended, namely the hsLang. This request returns a 301 "moved permanently" with a location header of the original URL (without the parameter).

This is bad for the following reasons:

• it's not OK from an SEO point of view
  • it breaks custom functionality that we have implemented using HTML5 History API to load portions of content via JavaScript from a HubDB table without the need to refresh the page. Now, with the 301 redirect in place our functionality is rendered useless by this redirect.
  • linking to cross-language resources, now turns into a 404 error. Example: linking from a localised page to an english resource, due to this hsLang addition, the link is pointing to a resource that doesn't exist, thus the 404.

Is this a bug? Is this a temporary patch which will get removed?

Come on HubSpot - these things are pretty critical, you cannot just change them and release them to live without at least notifying your dear users.

1 Soluciones aceptada
TonisTroubles
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Hi, not sure if you allready figured this out but there actually is an option to enable this.

Go to Settings - Domains & URLs. Open tab Language Setting and enable Language specific redirects.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
TonisTroubles
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Hi, not sure if you allready figured this out but there actually is an option to enable this.

Go to Settings - Domains & URLs. Open tab Language Setting and enable Language specific redirects.

MKisielewska
Miembro

resolver

Do you mean hsLang is a bad thing?

0 Me gusta
Fabian_Attard
Participante

resolver

But I want to have the language redicrects turned on. The issue is that I want a specific section not to.

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

Yes @TonisTroubles, we found this article from Oct, but don't remember it being clearly updated back in May when this thread posted ... 

- see How can I manage multi-language content with HubSpot?

Thanks for updating this thread. (very helpful)

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
IlkkaTuominen
Colaborador

resolver

Anyone figured out what would be the benefit of using this feature?

'Quite a confusing little switch to begin with – I can't see anything but negatives in turning this switch on. 

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Appending "hsLang" to all links? What is this?!

More Questions

Checked HubSpot COS pages across four (4) client portals (in US and UK) and our dev portal (in US), but haven't seen what you've described (yet?) @cristigheorghe ... 

Is there any way you can maybe show an example link and the context within which it was generated?

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFJLabs if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
cristigheorghe
Participante

resolver

Hi @MFrankJohnson Thanks for the fast reaction.

It might be that this only affects pages with localised versions.

Here's the example of our main website:

https://www.twispay.com/

You can check the links in the menu or footer.

One particularity of them is that we create our links through HubL, as we have a multi language site, and we need to look at content_slug to determine the language of the site, and know which further links to load.

0 Me gusta