CMS Development

Cameron
Colaborador

Apostrophe changes to unrecognisable symbol (blank square) when uploading csv to HubDB

resolver

When I upload a csv file to HubDB where text includes apostrophes (') render as an unrecognisable symbol when appearing on the live webpage.

e.g. "aren't" uploaded to a "text" column renders with a blank square symbol in the apostrophe's place. (image below)

arent.PNG

I have tried to upload to a text and a rich-text column where the issue has occured on both occasions.

When I edit the text within the HubDB table, changing the symbol to an apostrophe it correctly appears on the live webpage. The issue only seems to arise when importing a file into HubDB.

How can I ensure this will not happen on an csv upload?

**Update** Resolved

When entering data into Excel before upload, the data was copy+pasted, as values.

Needed to manually type out.

1 Soluciones aceptada
shannon
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Apostrophe changes to unrecognisable symbol (blank square) when uploading csv to HubDB

resolver

Hey Cameron, thanks for sharing how you solved this!

From what I've come across with apostrophes, there are two symbols for it  or ' ), so the one you imported may not have been accepted and rendered as a blank symbol.

Encoding/data format occassionally comes up for contact imports (.csv), and what we recommend is encoding as UTF-8. If that happens again, this might be worth a shot.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
1 Respuesta 1
shannon
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey Cameron, thanks for sharing how you solved this!

From what I've come across with apostrophes, there are two symbols for it  or ' ), so the one you imported may not have been accepted and rendered as a blank symbol.

Encoding/data format occassionally comes up for contact imports (.csv), and what we recommend is encoding as UTF-8. If that happens again, this might be worth a shot.

0 Me gusta