CMS Development

kristen_sb
Contributor

Anyone have experience with HubStrap's Landing Page Tool Integration?

SOLVE

There is a tool in the marketplace called HubStrap

http://www.hubstrap.pro/

The tool is relatively inexpensive and claims to have top brands as customers - although I can't seem to find anything in the community on real-world experiences using the tool. And although I've send a few messages in reply to the "automated" messages I'm getting from them, I am unable to get anyone at the company to respond. All I've received is a brief description of the tool and an offer to refund the annual license if I don't like it.

It looks easy enough and is relatively low risk at $99 per license annually.

The risk though is that we would have to use an agency to set up the tool and build the initial "sections." This takes a $99 investment up to $3K or so. Before I have an agency take this on, I was hoping some of you would have used the tool and could provide any feedback on limitations, good experience, bad experiences etc. 

The founder describes it like this: 

The whole idea of building Hubstrap was to take the confusion out of creating Hubspot templates. Let me explain. In Hubspot if you use a standard template you have to go into what they call the "Design Manager" to make changes to the layout. This is really a pain for most new users so what I did was create the 20 most common "Sections" as presets that you simply add and reorder at the page editor level. You want a Main banner and then three features below it and then a form below that. You just add those three sections and you are off and running. After that, if you decide you want 4 more features below the form you can add that new section on the fly and if you ever want to reorder any of those sections you can right in the page editor.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey Kristen, 

I've no experience with this tool. But as it looked interessting I've done a little research. 

The result was: imo this is a rip off. 
Let me explain why I think so. 
First of all: I doubt that theese "top"-brands are using HubSpot. And if so, I doubt that they're using a 100$ extension with 25 Sections to build some pages. 

But ok - it could be. We'll never know. 

Second thing: The whole page is running on a SLD(Sub Level Domain). When you click trough a few links you'll get to this page: https://newkajabi.com/ - It looks like a learning and marketing plattform for me. 
If you click on "Terms" in the footer you'll be redirected to a page with "photography academy" as logo. It really looks a bit weird. I mean - what has "HubStrap" and "Photography Academy" in common? It looks like there are multiple sites using the same pages. You know what I mean?

Last but not least: 
To confirm my thesis with the multiple sites and pages look in the footer again. There is a copyright from Inbound Pixels. Just googled it and came up with the same site as "HubStrap".

Be careful: It really looks like a phishing site.

If you want to try out a good builder, try these one:
https://w.inboundlabs.co/startup-design-framework-for-hubspot 

I've tried it and it's good. furthermore you'll get a ton more on sections/modules for "just" 300$

best, 
Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

+1 Belch.io -- beautiful tool. And the dev team is right here on the Design Forum.

cc: @tjoyce

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Anton
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Kristen, 

I've no experience with this tool. But as it looked interessting I've done a little research. 

The result was: imo this is a rip off. 
Let me explain why I think so. 
First of all: I doubt that theese "top"-brands are using HubSpot. And if so, I doubt that they're using a 100$ extension with 25 Sections to build some pages. 

But ok - it could be. We'll never know. 

Second thing: The whole page is running on a SLD(Sub Level Domain). When you click trough a few links you'll get to this page: https://newkajabi.com/ - It looks like a learning and marketing plattform for me. 
If you click on "Terms" in the footer you'll be redirected to a page with "photography academy" as logo. It really looks a bit weird. I mean - what has "HubStrap" and "Photography Academy" in common? It looks like there are multiple sites using the same pages. You know what I mean?

Last but not least: 
To confirm my thesis with the multiple sites and pages look in the footer again. There is a copyright from Inbound Pixels. Just googled it and came up with the same site as "HubStrap".

Be careful: It really looks like a phishing site.

If you want to try out a good builder, try these one:
https://w.inboundlabs.co/startup-design-framework-for-hubspot 

I've tried it and it's good. furthermore you'll get a ton more on sections/modules for "just" 300$

best, 
Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
mmartelli0803
Participant

SOLVE

Im looking for similiar tool. The link posted sends me to an error page.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @mmartelli0803 

I updated the link.  Should work now!

0 Upvotes
kristen_sb
Contributor

SOLVE

Anton - 

Thank you very much for your research -- it's been very useful. After reviewing your recommendation for inbound labs, I think it may be a better, more tried and true option. I don't have the time or money to get stuck using a tool that has limitations and zero community to support. 

Thanks a million! Kristen

0 Upvotes
kristen_sb
Contributor

SOLVE

Anton - have you actually had experience using the Startup Framework by Inbound Labs for landing pages/emails?

0 Upvotes