CMS Development

kristen_sb
Contributor

Animate Gif - Works in One HubSpot Test Email but Not Another

SOLVE

I have an animated gif that we are using in two email templates - same image. They both animate in HubSpot preview. When tested to GMAIL one animates and one does not. 

To make matters more complex, the template that is not rendering animation in the test email (referenced above) actually does render a working animated gif in a different email created from this template. 

All animated gifs are under 100K size wise, so size really shouldn't be an issue for gmail in this case.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kristen_sb
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

We resolved this, thanks. A designer told us It was a variable scope browser issue -  the email client needed variables added in the header (just in case someone has this issue in the future and finds the case.)

Kristen

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
SLessard7
Participant

SOLVE

I am following the steps provided and am not able to upload a GIF in my HubSpot marketing email. It only allows for images and the video formats that are accepted do not include GIFs. What is the easiest way to go about it?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kristen_sb,

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please send along links to the example emails (preview version) along with links to the gifs, and any other information you can provide so that the Community can assist. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ouvar

SOLVE

My animation is working in the edit section but not in the test email. Can you help?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ouvar,

The more information, details and screenshots you can provide (along with links), the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
EvelynF

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue - gif shows animation on preview and when email is opened in Mac, but not on Windows.

Preview: https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/content/9239149410?portalId=3777867&_preview=true&cacheBu...

0 Upvotes
PassionforFashi
Participant

SOLVE

Same here. In email editor it works, after email sending it doens work in email. But does work when opening in browser... Hubspot please solve asap.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PassionforFashi,

Gifs are supported in HubSpot's editors; however, they are not supported in every email client. For example, both Outlook and Gmail do not always support gifs (see articles below):

Thank you,
Jenny

kristen_sb
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

We resolved this, thanks. A designer told us It was a variable scope browser issue -  the email client needed variables added in the header (just in case someone has this issue in the future and finds the case.)

Kristen

0 Upvotes
NCkwong

SOLVE

Same here, my animation is not even working in the edit section

what happen?

0 Upvotes
vasjornsen

SOLVE

What variables should be included in the header?