CMS Development

ujjwalbhujel

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

Hi,

I am new on Hubspot. I am currently creating a project where it's got global version (.com) and regional version (.com/nz) and I want different main menu for each version. Does Hubspot allow to do that ? So far my experience with Hubspot is its using the same main menu across the website. Even if i create another menu and assign that as main menu, it will replace the previous main menu across the pages ? Is they any way to do that on Hubspot ? 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

You can try using a custom module to place the menu where you want and then using variables found inside the "Developer Info" from the sprocket dropdown you can probably do something like this using the variable and then the menu module HubL

{% if request.someVar == 'english' %}
   {% menu "my_menu" id=456, site_map_name='Default', overrideable=False, root_type='site_root', flyouts='true', max_levels='2', flow='horizontal', label='Advanced Menu' %}

{% else %}

{% menu "my_OtherMenu" id=457, site_map_name='MenuTwo', overrideable=False, root_type='site_root', flyouts='true', max_levels='2', flow='horizontal', label='Advanced Menu' %}

{% endif %}

Hopefully, this helps point you in the right direction.

-AJ

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
ujjwalbhujel
Solution

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

Hi AJLaPorte,

Thanks for the tips, It was helpful, However I needed two sets of navigation under same domain  for  two seperate versions (.com & .com/xx) of website, without making it smart. I just made another template and called the second main nav for the second version of website in new template.

The tips however will be useful for me in near future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
athman8

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

i have two homepage (dont ask me why long story) one has a different menu. So the header menu is differnet in the second homepage. basically my question is how can i have two primary menu which each are assigned to different pages?

0 Upvotes
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

You can try using a custom module to place the menu where you want and then using variables found inside the "Developer Info" from the sprocket dropdown you can probably do something like this using the variable and then the menu module HubL

{% if request.someVar == 'english' %}
   {% menu "my_menu" id=456, site_map_name='Default', overrideable=False, root_type='site_root', flyouts='true', max_levels='2', flow='horizontal', label='Advanced Menu' %}

{% else %}

{% menu "my_OtherMenu" id=457, site_map_name='MenuTwo', overrideable=False, root_type='site_root', flyouts='true', max_levels='2', flow='horizontal', label='Advanced Menu' %}

{% endif %}

Hopefully, this helps point you in the right direction.

-AJ

0 Upvotes
ujjwalbhujel
Solution

Adding two main menu

SOLVE

Hi AJLaPorte,

Thanks for the tips, It was helpful, However I needed two sets of navigation under same domain  for  two seperate versions (.com & .com/xx) of website, without making it smart. I just made another template and called the second main nav for the second version of website in new template.

The tips however will be useful for me in near future.