CMS Development

sconner91
Participant

Adding navigation and footer to purchased blog template

SOLVE

Hello,

I purchased a new blog template through the marketplace and need some assistance with matching our website and landing page navigation to our new blog design. We purchased the P2H-Premium-Blog-v2 template which does not support our navigation or footer. Can anyone help me update this?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@sconner91,

You would need to be more specific. There not many ways that "not supported" can be correctly used in Hubspot.

When you purchase a template for Hubspot it will come with a static header and footer because you can't use global modules or custom modules in marketplace templates. 

I would first clone the template as it is good practice, then if you already have a global footer for your site build, drag it into the template and see what happens. It show your footer but without styling (if you haven't added your main site stylesheet to it, which you should). If that works then you can just delete the purchased footer.

If you don't have a global module for your footer then you will want to find a template with the footer that you would like to use, group the footer if it is not, and use the gear icon to make it global. Now you can do step 1. 

If you don't have a footer built yet then you will need to build one or hire a developer. Once it's built follow step 2, then step 1. 

If you are trying to build the footer in your template and it is not taking then it is most likely because you are working in the original template. From what I remember you are not able to publish changes to purchased templates, only to their clones. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@sconner91,

You would need to be more specific. There not many ways that "not supported" can be correctly used in Hubspot.

When you purchase a template for Hubspot it will come with a static header and footer because you can't use global modules or custom modules in marketplace templates. 

I would first clone the template as it is good practice, then if you already have a global footer for your site build, drag it into the template and see what happens. It show your footer but without styling (if you haven't added your main site stylesheet to it, which you should). If that works then you can just delete the purchased footer.

If you don't have a global module for your footer then you will want to find a template with the footer that you would like to use, group the footer if it is not, and use the gear icon to make it global. Now you can do step 1. 

If you don't have a footer built yet then you will need to build one or hire a developer. Once it's built follow step 2, then step 1. 

If you are trying to build the footer in your template and it is not taking then it is most likely because you are working in the original template. From what I remember you are not able to publish changes to purchased templates, only to their clones. 

0 Upvotes
JonnyZOO
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Jsum

Thanks again for your initial reply. I added our header and footer Global Groups then added our own stylesheet, placing it higher priority to the bought template stylesheet.

This brought up the following:

1. Header and footer include the right content but incorrect formatting.
  2. Layout of the middle section is wrong.

Here's what the pages look like with the different stylesheets applied...

ZOO stylesheet onlyZOO stylesheet onlyP2H stylesheet onlyP2H stylesheet onlyP2H > ZOOP2H > ZOOZOO > P2HZOO > P2H 

I'm guessing I need a single stylesheet that has the formatting for the P2H template, but with any header- and footer-related code removed and replaced by the ZOO version?

Thanks for any help you can offer. (And thanks again for your help with our video banners!)

@sconner91 – I contacted the designer but didn't like the idea of giving access in order to fix the issue. 

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@JonnyZOO,

So now the issue becomes that the stylesheets originally attached to the purchased template still have styling that is generically directed towards default header and footer classes. This is always the most annoying part for me. You have to crawl the stylesheets for css applied to header and footer elements and delete or comment them out. You can use the inspector to find classes to search for or try a generic search for "header" and "footer". click into the Hubspot code editor and use (ctr + f or cmd + f) to open the search box.

JonnyZOO
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Jsum.

I'd like to keep the header and footer from our original template, so I'm looking for any references to the header/footer within the new template stylesheet?

New template stylesheet

0 Upvotes
JonnyZOO
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Jsum

I have the same issue after downloading the P2H-News-Blog template.

I duplicated the blog as suggested and added in our global header menu and footer, but they aren't appearing as normal. I also tried adding in a section of code ('Header') from our normal stylesheet but this didn't make a difference.

How can I identify the css that is overriding the normal format? 

Ideally, the header menu and footer would be the same as 1) and everything in between would be as it is in 2).

1) Normal header/footer: https://www.zoodigital.com

2) Blog test: https://www.zoodigital.com/blog-test

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
sconner91
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @JonnyZOO,

I had to reach out to the company who I purchased the template from the make customizations. I was unable to do the drag and drop solution because of the css impacting our menu/navigation style. The company did a quick turn around and fixed a few other customizations I was trying to make. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JonnyZOO
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @sconner91, I'll give that a try.

0 Upvotes