CMS Development

ktwelsh
Participante

Adding modules is turned off in this post's template

resolver

For all of the page templates I have created, including drag and drop templates and those I have converted to HTML for customization, when I try to create a page using those templates, the "Add" tab, which should allow me to add modules to the page, is always disabled. Hovering over the tab produces this hint: "Adding modules is turned off in this post's template."

So...what do I need to do to enable the adding of modules to pages created using my templates? Is there some specific module I need to add to the template itself? Some setting somewhere that I have been unable to find?

Apologies if this is a basic question, but I have searched high and low for an answer without success.

1 Solução aceita
SSN
Solução
Membro

resolver

You are using Drag and drop template so need put this code into the your html file

It will create a drag and drop area into edit mode.

{% dnd_area "body_dnd_area" %}{% end_dnd_area %}

Let me know if you have any query.

feel free to contact me on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/subhash-negi-0b4527106/

Exibir solução no post original

8 Respostas 8
WGwardjak
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hello guys, trying this method is causing my modules disappear (even they are in my code)

area.PNGdnd area.PNG

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi, cross-posting this here for future reference: DND area causing modules to disappear

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Avaliação positiva
SSN
Solução
Membro

resolver

You are using Drag and drop template so need put this code into the your html file

It will create a drag and drop area into edit mode.

{% dnd_area "body_dnd_area" %}{% end_dnd_area %}

Let me know if you have any query.

feel free to contact me on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/subhash-negi-0b4527106/

ChristianLipp
Colaborador(a)

resolver

So I copied the existing template to HTML and set the code you mentioned in there. 
The "Add" tab is now activated but when doing drag 'n drop I can only put it beneath the existing modules.

How can I enable erasing modules from the existing template in the page builder?

GraehamF
Participante

resolver

How does one accomplish this when creating a template in Drag and Drop mode?

cdhq_cpander
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hello,

I was just facing the same problem with my template, so I found this helpful thread! 

In my case it is about a template for a marketing landingpage, which I've added via marketplace.  Regarding adding 

{% dnd_area "body_dnd_area" %}{% end_dnd_area %}

I was just unsure where to add it in the Design manager for this template - so in some HubL section? Or should it be added within the related Landingpage in edit mode via some HTML module?

Thank you in advanced for your reply!

Best regards,

Constantin

ktwelsh
Participante

resolver

Thank you so much. This was indeed the best solution. It makes it clear and obvious where the modules go when creating a page based on the template . While adding the flexible column also provides an area into which modiules can be dropped, it gives no visual clue when creating the page that it's even there.

Makes me wonder why this isn't the first thing you'd see in the help docs.

prosa
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

you need to add a flexible column that will let you add new modules inside of it

If this post helped you resolve your issue, please consider marking it as the solution. Thank you for supporting our HubSpot community.