CMS Development

MartinsC
Mitglied

Adding jQuery 3 / How to prevent JavaScript automatic minifying

lösung

Hi there.

I recently encountered a problem with automatic JS formatting from HubSpot' s side.

Im am disabling loading jQuery old version which is automaticly included and adding JQuery 3.3.1. Im doing this trough a hubl template, replacing

{{ standard_header_includes|replace('/hs/hsstatic/jquery-libs/static-1.4/jquery/jquery-1.11.2.js', get_public_template_url('appxite_2018/js/vendor/jquery_3_3_1_min.js')) }}

While the browser clearly shows that the new jQuery is loaded and the old one is not, first I noticed that it changes the file from jquery_3_3_1_min.js to jquery_3_3_1_min.min.js . Furthermore, it changes the code inside. For example:

!function(e,t){"use strict";"object"==typeof module&&"object"==typeof module.exports?module.exports=e.document?t(e,!0):function(e){if(!e.document)throw new Error("jQuery requires a window with a document");

is changed to

!function(b,a){"object"==typeof module&&"object"==typeof module.exports?module.exports=b.document?a(b,!0):function(c){if(!c.document){throw new Error("jQuery requires a window with a document")

And it causes JS to not function due to error - ReferenceError: a is not defined

Is there a way to stop Hubspot from minifying this or some other way to replace the older jQuery libraries to newest ?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
tjoyce
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

@MartinsC - Just use the unminified version of jQuery 😄

https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.js

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

This original post is a couple years old but In-case anyone stumbles onto it I want everyone to know using |replace on standard_header_includes is not the best way to solve this problem.

If you want to use the latest version of jQuery I suggest following our guide to doing just that.

Regarding minification, we hear ya. Right now we would suggest not minifying files before uploading, preventing files from minifying twice. We're investigating ways that may make it so you can control this but it's not a sure-fire thing and we have no timeline.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

tjoyce
Lösung

lösung

@MartinsC - Just use the unminified version of jQuery 😄

https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.js

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.