CMS Development

Jlawal
トップ投稿者

Adding headers to the navigation

解決

Hello,

I have tried to add 'Section titles' to the 'Stratus Pillar Page with Left Navigation' theme in the Hubspot Marketplace to no avail. This is the page i'm working on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can go about doing this?

Kind regards,

Jamila

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
Jsum
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Sorry @Jlawal, It was a busy couple of day for me.

This template is built using a flexible column. Have you ever put a rich text module in a template, used the template to creat a page, changing the rich text content, then tried change that same content on the template level? it doesn't work. Once you adjust the content of a module and save a page, you can no longer overwrite the content of that module on the template level. 

This is the issue you are having, only with the flexible column. You can't add to the flexible column and expect it effect a saved page. Instead what you need to do, and the purpose of flexible columns, is add your modules on the page level. In your editor you will see a plus sign icon on the left (only when a flexible column is present on the page). This icon represents the "add module" interface. There you can find the custom module used for the headers. I added this custom module to the flexible column this way and the heading was added to the menu on the left immediately. This should solve your issue.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

Jsum
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

@jason1242000,

You are probably looking at your design manager. After you create a tepmlate in your design manager you can create pages from it. When you create a page you are asked to name the page, then pick the template to use, then you are taken to the page editor. On the left side of the screen in the page editor you will see 3 icons (4 if you are using flexible columns) and eye, for previewing the page, a bar graph icon for page optimization, and a cube icon that opens your module interface. These are white icons on darkblue buttons butted up to the left side of the page.

Are you using the template that the OP mentioned? You would do all of the editing to your sections in the page editor as well.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

9件の返信
Jsum
キーアドバイザー

解決

@Jlawal,

How is your menu built? Advanced menu, simple menu, custom code?

0 いいね!
Jlawal
トップ投稿者

解決

Hello @Jsum,

The menu is made up of the headers for each section on the page so will be relevant to each page (We are using the menu for our support site).

I am using a template called 'Stratus Pillar Page with Left Navigation' for that function specifically.

This is the template layout:Capture.PNG.The custom code in the Left Menu Inner Wrapper group is '<ul class="nav-items"></ul>'.

0 いいね!
Jsum
キーアドバイザー

解決

@Jlawal,

I had a rough time getting the template installed on my portal. it didn't want to show up under my purchased templates. I finally found a way around it though. When I created a landing page with this template I didn't have any issues.

The section titles in the main content area are custom modules. You have to change them in the modules menu on the left side of the screen (the cube icon). You can't click into them and change them on the page. 

When I changed the titles of my sections the menu items changed as well. If your menu items aren't changing when you change your content titles then you may need to uninstall and reinstall the template. If you aren't able to change the titles in the main content area then you should make sure that you can't change them in the module menu.

0 いいね!
jason1242000
参加者

解決

H @Jsumi,

Im new to hubspot and I am not sure how to edit the section titles. I do not understand what you mean by the modules menu on the left side of the screen (the cube icon). Can you specifiy that?

Thanks.

0 いいね!
Jsum
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

@jason1242000,

You are probably looking at your design manager. After you create a tepmlate in your design manager you can create pages from it. When you create a page you are asked to name the page, then pick the template to use, then you are taken to the page editor. On the left side of the screen in the page editor you will see 3 icons (4 if you are using flexible columns) and eye, for previewing the page, a bar graph icon for page optimization, and a cube icon that opens your module interface. These are white icons on darkblue buttons butted up to the left side of the page.

Are you using the template that the OP mentioned? You would do all of the editing to your sections in the page editor as well.

jason1242000
参加者

解決

@Jsum,

That was exactly it.

Thank you!

0 いいね!
Jlawal
トップ投稿者

解決

@Jsum

Yes that is to amend the current section titles. I am trying to add new section titles. When i add the modules they are visible in the template layout but then do not appear on the page.

I have since noticed that when i try to delete the modules they remain on the page also.

0 いいね!
Jsum
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Sorry @Jlawal, It was a busy couple of day for me.

This template is built using a flexible column. Have you ever put a rich text module in a template, used the template to creat a page, changing the rich text content, then tried change that same content on the template level? it doesn't work. Once you adjust the content of a module and save a page, you can no longer overwrite the content of that module on the template level. 

This is the issue you are having, only with the flexible column. You can't add to the flexible column and expect it effect a saved page. Instead what you need to do, and the purpose of flexible columns, is add your modules on the page level. In your editor you will see a plus sign icon on the left (only when a flexible column is present on the page). This icon represents the "add module" interface. There you can find the custom module used for the headers. I added this custom module to the flexible column this way and the heading was added to the menu on the left immediately. This should solve your issue.

Jlawal
トップ投稿者

解決

Thank you @Jsum 

0 いいね!