CMS Development

leckerman
Top Contributor

Adding a CTA to a HubDB table?

Does anyone know if its possible to add a Hubspot CTA button to a hubdb table to track what people are clicking on? It doesn't appear you can add a column that is html friendly... 

Any ideas on how to pull this off?

10 Replies 10
ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Hi @leckerman

Did you find a solution for this?

I've just discovered HubDB and the first thing my employer asked for is the ability to monitor clicks using CTA.

0 Upvotes
leckerman
Top Contributor

@ben-duchy UPDATE: It looks like one of my CTAs has a click in the CTA dashboard's "Clicks" column even though the "Locations" column is showing zero. When I clicked through to see where the click came from it was from one the dynamically created page.

So... it looks like everything should work fine. Hope that helps!!

0 Upvotes
ben-duchy
Top Contributor

Thanks @leckerman.

Yeah I did the same by dropping in the embed code. There's a slight delay for the stats (views / clicks), but as you say the location doesn't register. To get around this for the short term, I've just referred the location within the cta name.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@mcoley knows all things hubdb if you have more questions

0 Upvotes
mcoley
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

We are working on adding more column types in the coming weeks.

MaggieEsther

Is there any update if CTA fields can be added to HubDB tables?

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

sounds great @mcoley. I look forward to seeing the updates.

0 Upvotes
leckerman
Top Contributor

Hi @ben-duchy - I ending up adding a "Text" colmun to my HubDB table and pasting the CTA's external embed code into each row that way. Just recently figured out this works.

The button shows up just like it would anywhere else on our website, but my data columns for "clicks" and "locations" on my CTA dashboard are both showing "0" at this point. The buttons are on dynamically created pages from HubDB, and it appears those pages aren't registering in the dashboard's locations column. I am not sure that Hubspot is not tracking the CTAs correctly...

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hmm, I'm not sure this is possible - @ndwilliams3@Josh@Jlamb1 have you come accross this before?

@leckerman can you share more details on what your end goal is?

0 Upvotes
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@roisinkirby,  We're not using HubDB, so I have no insight. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.