CMS Development

fazzio349
Contributor

Adding Pagination to Non-Blog Page

SOLVE

Hello,

I downloaded a free template from the marketplace for our resources library. While I love the template, we're at a point where we have too many items for a single page of content and we need to separate it out into pages. All the information I'm finding seems to pertain to blog templates. Can anyone assist me with how I might go ahead and add pagination to a non-blog template?

https://info.totalbrain.com/resources

I'm not a web developer by any means, but I do understand it enough to make some sense of it.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

My appologies I miss understood. This tutorial is about infinite scroll, but the techniques could easily be applied to a pagniation effect. By loading everything at once and hiding content based on number displayed you can create the appearance of pages, though essentisally its creating a tabbed interface.

To be honest, if the funds are available this maybe the time to look into hiring a developer.

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Kevin-C

SOLVE

Hey @fazzio349 

I would say that if you're expecting to have an extremely large number of pages, that you could use HubDB to store you're information and then pagenate from that much like you would for a blog.

If you're only going to have 2~10 pages I would create individual pages and build a custom widget and url structure that mimics pagentation.

fazzio349
Contributor

SOLVE

Either option would work, (if we break it up to 6 assets per page, we'll have about 7 pages right now) unfortunately my problem is I don't understand how to set up either of those suggestions. 🙂

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C

SOLVE

Gotcha, so the easiest and fastest will be to create the pages, and create a custom module.

Here is a link on how to do that.

Basically I would:

This is probaly way to overly simplified, but I hope that gets you going in the right direction.

fazzio349
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for the assistance!

In looking at the page template, I'm not sure creating separate pages will actually work. This particular page has a filter to sort through all the available resources (sort of like a blog tag). If I create separate pages, I'm assuming the filters won't properly sort through all of them properly?

Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

My appologies I miss understood. This tutorial is about infinite scroll, but the techniques could easily be applied to a pagniation effect. By loading everything at once and hiding content based on number displayed you can create the appearance of pages, though essentisally its creating a tabbed interface.

To be honest, if the funds are available this maybe the time to look into hiring a developer.

0 Upvotes