CMS Development

nikkigoldsmith
Participant

Adding Linkedin Follow button to Landing Page

SOLVE

Hello, 

I'm struggling to add this to one specific landing page template.

I've tried placing the code in a rich text module, custom HTML module etc.

but it won't display the button. I'm using Linkedin's code generator: https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins/follow-company

<script src="//platform.linkedin.com/in.js" type="text/javascript"> lang: en_US</script>
<script type="IN/FollowCompany" data-id="10615828" data-counter="right"></script>

I also tried adding this before the code, Please help!  

<script type="text/javascript">

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Nikkigoldsmith

I was able to add your code to a test page (using a rich text module) and it rendered fine. I know it doesn't render in the editor for me but it does on the front end. When adding into the rich text, are you adding it to the source view or the regular content area? You should be adding things like scripts and JS into the Source View (or an HTML Module as well). The button for it looks like this in the WYSIWYG rich text bar:   </>

Once you add it in and save it. Try previewing the page and then give a second or two for it to show up. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AJLaPorte_diagr
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Nikkigoldsmith

I was able to add your code to a test page (using a rich text module) and it rendered fine. I know it doesn't render in the editor for me but it does on the front end. When adding into the rich text, are you adding it to the source view or the regular content area? You should be adding things like scripts and JS into the Source View (or an HTML Module as well). The button for it looks like this in the WYSIWYG rich text bar:   </>

Once you add it in and save it. Try previewing the page and then give a second or two for it to show up. 

nikkigoldsmith
Participant

SOLVE

I was putting it into the source code before but just tried again and it worked! Guess I just needed another pair of eyes to make it work. Thanks so much!!