CMS Development

SVenkatesan
Teilnehmer/-in

Adding Line Item Properties in Custom Quote

lösung

I would like to know possibility of adding line item property (Pre Discount Amount) in Custom Quote Template under Line item module.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 9.51.56 PM.png 

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
alyssamwilie
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

@SVenkatesan There's not currently a way out-of-the-box to do so, but according to this Ideas Form post HubSpot does at least it have in planning to update the default line items module to allow for custom properties.

in the meantime, if you're comfortable with the design manager, you could update it yourself to allow adding that property. If you're using the HubSpot quotes theme you'd first have to create a Child theme and then in the files you would have to open the line_items_table module and edit the Select column property field to include your custom property as a choice.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

sskias-ink
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@DC1984, I was able to get this to work. It took some trial and error though. 

1. After you have cloned the template, open the line_items_table in Design Manager.

sskiasink_0-1698241088563.png

2. In the editor on the right pane, hover over Select column property (Choice) and click Edit. It should be located under Line item column (Field group).

sskiasink_1-1698241182837.png

3. This should display the list of fields that you can select in your quote template editor when configuring the line items table. 

4. At the bottom of that list, you have the option to Add another choice

sskiasink_2-1698241220637.png

5. The property will already need to be created at this time. Just enter the label and the property name. 

6. Publish the changes. 

This should make the property available when configuring your quote template. 

Hope this helps. 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten
YGong6
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi Svenkatesan

How did you add more than 6 line items to the quote table? I can only do 6 on my end

Thanks

Cheers
Yan

0 Upvotes
NDiver
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @alyssamwilie 

Thank you for your post, which proved very helpful for me within the Design Manager. 

I have managed to get the "Custom Product Property" Named As "Collection Frequency" within my products to be visible on a quote column for the customer to see. 

Oddly, the column heading is visible (Collection Frequency), but it's not pulling through any of the iems ticked. 

My "Custom Property Field Type" has been created as Multiple checkboxes so the idea was that when showing the custom properties column on the quote, it would pull through the ticked boxes. 

Oddly, I can build the quote, when selecting products to go onto the Collection Frequency when adding products to the quote. (It allows me to tick Mon/Tue/Wed for example. However the Mon/Tue/Wed is not pulling through to the quote (not visible for the customer to see). 

Can you reccomend how to have this pull through in the design Manager. Or do I need to create a differnt Custom Property for the correct ticked days to pull through to the quote?

Any help of guidence would be hugley apprecaited?

Thank you 

0 Upvotes
sskias-ink
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@alyssamwilie I have tried this and followed the steps you provided; however, it seems like HubSpot doesn't recognize the property at all when using it in a quote. Is there something else that needs to be done for HubSpot to recognize the custom property in the line_items_table? 

0 Upvotes
DC1984
Mitglied

lösung

Hi,  @sskias-ink same problem here, do you managed to make it work?

0 Upvotes
sskias-ink
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@DC1984, I was able to get this to work. It took some trial and error though. 

1. After you have cloned the template, open the line_items_table in Design Manager.

sskiasink_0-1698241088563.png

2. In the editor on the right pane, hover over Select column property (Choice) and click Edit. It should be located under Line item column (Field group).

sskiasink_1-1698241182837.png

3. This should display the list of fields that you can select in your quote template editor when configuring the line items table. 

4. At the bottom of that list, you have the option to Add another choice

sskiasink_2-1698241220637.png

5. The property will already need to be created at this time. Just enter the label and the property name. 

6. Publish the changes. 

This should make the property available when configuring your quote template. 

Hope this helps. 

DC1984
Mitglied

lösung

Thank you very much @sskias-ink , I followed your explanation and it works correctly. Unfortunately, I noticed that there are only 6 spaces/columns. I read here in the community that 'There's still a limit of 6 columns which is annoying, but you can get past this via the Rich Text modules and create a table yourselves & use personalize to map the properties you want onto it.' but I don't understand how to proceed to increase the number, do you have any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
SVenkatesan
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You can increase it in Repeater Options like this @DC1984 @sskias-ink 

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.27.21 PM.png

0 Upvotes
sskias-ink
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I am glad that worked for you @DC1984.

Unfortunately, I have not had the need to expand the number of columns within the template. I would think this would require a developer to build out exactly what you need. 

0 Upvotes
alyssamwilie
Lösung

lösung

@SVenkatesan There's not currently a way out-of-the-box to do so, but according to this Ideas Form post HubSpot does at least it have in planning to update the default line items module to allow for custom properties.

in the meantime, if you're comfortable with the design manager, you could update it yourself to allow adding that property. If you're using the HubSpot quotes theme you'd first have to create a Child theme and then in the files you would have to open the line_items_table module and edit the Select column property field to include your custom property as a choice.

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the solution.

Alyssa Wilie Profile Image

Alyssa Wilie

Web Developerat Lynton

Learn HubL | Get Marketing Insights

HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner
Lynton's HubSpot theme Rubric now available. Click to download.