CMS Development

melissacwood

Add Year to Blog Root URL

SOLVE

I'd like to dynamically add the published year to the blog root URL. Is this possible under Content > Content Settings and Blog root URL?  Is there a parameter I can add to the URL? I'd rather not have to manually modify each individual blog posts generated URL to include the year. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Melissa, 

This Help Center article talks about how to do this.

If you're having trouble figuring out the exact syntax to use, send us a link to your current blog and we can take a look.

I hope this helps!

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development / Automation

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Potentially a bad idea on many levels, but you'll have to be the judge for your specific use case.

- see The ideal WordPress SEO URL structure (Yoast, 2017) <-- Would you even bother reading the article if that had said '2011'? See the potential problem?

The title says 'WordPress', but as the leading blogging platform on the planet much of their SEO advice applies cross platform. That being said, if you decide to proceed you'll want to at least read this Moz thread on using a comprehensive and well thought out 301 redirect strategy. While that thread talks about removing dates, the redirect strategy is the same when adding dates.

Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Melissa, 

This Help Center article talks about how to do this.

If you're having trouble figuring out the exact syntax to use, send us a link to your current blog and we can take a look.

I hope this helps!

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development / Automation

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

0 Upvotes