CMS Development

RemotishAgency
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Add SaaS Sign-Up/Log in to HubSpot page

resolver

Would it be possible to recreate a custom sign up/login form on a HubSpot page at all? 

I am sure there is some needed creativity and a skilled developer but we are trying to assess the possibility.

ChiefMartechOff_0-1601497708569.png

Is this a case for serverless functions?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
tjoyce
Solución
Experto reconocido | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

@RemotishAgency - If you already have a saas platform and would just like to add several other ways for users to login to the platform, it's actually pretty simple. This will not replace the current saas login on the server but it can replace the user needing to go to your /login page in the saas platform.

Here's how... I'll use Cloudinary for the example...

If you go to cloudinary's login page, and inspect the login form, you could just copy the form and drop it into any HS page and it should work as long as their server isn't expecting an internal origin for the form submission

Image 2020-10-05 at 11.15.54 AM.png

So, you wouldn't use a HS form for this, it would be a custom HTML form and you could make your custom form declaration the same as it appears on the login page.

The important parts being 

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="/users/login_update" method="post">
  ... your login form fields here
</form>

Now, I will say, this particular form from cloudinary WILL NOT work because after further inspecting, they have a field called TOKEN which, is most likely the CSRF token generated by the server that gets passed to the login function when you submit the form... 

If your saas platform has this token field, it won't matter any approach you take, you won't be able to recreate the login form on an HS page since the page didn't originate from your server. 

The facebook login will work in a similar way, you can originate the facebook token request from a HS page and then when the FB auth completes, your FB app will automatically have the redirect set already on the location it should redirect to after the successful FB login...

Hope this makes sense, let me know if you have more questions

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
tjoyce
Solución

resolver

@RemotishAgency - If you already have a saas platform and would just like to add several other ways for users to login to the platform, it's actually pretty simple. This will not replace the current saas login on the server but it can replace the user needing to go to your /login page in the saas platform.

Here's how... I'll use Cloudinary for the example...

If you go to cloudinary's login page, and inspect the login form, you could just copy the form and drop it into any HS page and it should work as long as their server isn't expecting an internal origin for the form submission

Image 2020-10-05 at 11.15.54 AM.png

So, you wouldn't use a HS form for this, it would be a custom HTML form and you could make your custom form declaration the same as it appears on the login page.

The important parts being 

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" action="/users/login_update" method="post">
  ... your login form fields here
</form>

Now, I will say, this particular form from cloudinary WILL NOT work because after further inspecting, they have a field called TOKEN which, is most likely the CSRF token generated by the server that gets passed to the login function when you submit the form... 

If your saas platform has this token field, it won't matter any approach you take, you won't be able to recreate the login form on an HS page since the page didn't originate from your server. 

The facebook login will work in a similar way, you can originate the facebook token request from a HS page and then when the FB auth completes, your FB app will automatically have the redirect set already on the location it should redirect to after the successful FB login...

Hope this makes sense, let me know if you have more questions

dennisedson
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hey @RemotishAgency ,

Thanks for submitting the question! 

Yes, you can do this with HubSpot.  Out of the box, CMS Hub Enterprise comes with a membership feature.

With a skilled developer, you could created a similar experience without CMS Hub Enterprise, but there would be a lot of additional moving parts to create and maintain it. 

For your convenience, I am going to sound the bat signal and call in some talented developers who could help you

@tjoyce@stefen@Stephanie-OG  -- put on your capes and get to work 🙂

best,

d

0 Me gusta