Add HTML to existing Menu

Occasional Contributor

My company has a functioning template. I need to add code in the wrapper around the logo and menu, after the menu.

I have searched and searched documentation and can't find guides. A support agent suggested a module, so this is what I attempted w/ no luck.
custom-menu.png

Any guidance is appreciated.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Regular Advisor | Platinum Partner

@torivt

Could you be a bit more specific with what you want to accomplish?  I am not quite gettiing it.  Thanks!

dennis
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I need to add HTML to this header wrapper section

header2.png

I don't know how to do it. My previous screenshots were my futile attempts using different options in the backend. I tried making a module and adding this code to it
{% menu id="{{ module.menu_field }}" %}
Then I thought I need to add this module to the global header in use but that module doesn't show in the options

modules.png

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Hey @torivt 

Did you use the search option in the side menu when in the drag and drop? I believe that by default it only shows the basic "Default" modules and possibly recently used.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I did and it's not there, nor is there an HTML module. Do you think being a global group has anything to do with it?

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Had to ask it haha.

Check the Template type by navigating to the module in the design manager clicking the link just below the module title. See below:

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.44.19 AM.png

You'll wnat to double check that the correct page type is enabled. See below:

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Extremely easy error to make. I do it all the time.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, that was incorrect and I changed it to be a global page AND blog module. However it still doesn't show in the search results when I am in the Global Header Group drag and drop editing area.

0 Upvotes