CMS Development

vancameron
Participante

Actions: Copy snippet [greyed out]

resolver

Hi. I am trying to copy a snippet but it's greyed out. Could anyone help me get around this please? Screen shot attached.

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 19.17.59.jpg

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Chris-M
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hello @vancameron,

since we can't see everything, i have to assume, that this is a grouped field.

If this is inside a grouped field, you cannot copy single snippets, but you can copy the parent snipped.

This is because some options in a group field could be linked together by its parent, like for example a repeater option.

For me the best practise is (if you just want a single snipped) copy the parent, drop it inside an editor and just take out the part you like.

If my assumption of the grouped field is wrong, i would love a bigger screenshot, to see more of the nesting.

- Chris

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
Chris-M
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hello @vancameron,

since we can't see everything, i have to assume, that this is a grouped field.

If this is inside a grouped field, you cannot copy single snippets, but you can copy the parent snipped.

This is because some options in a group field could be linked together by its parent, like for example a repeater option.

For me the best practise is (if you just want a single snipped) copy the parent, drop it inside an editor and just take out the part you like.

If my assumption of the grouped field is wrong, i would love a bigger screenshot, to see more of the nesting.

- Chris

vancameron
Participante

resolver

Hi @Chris-M 

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

It's quite possible that the field in question is grouped. I'll be working on this later so will let you know if I am successful.

Many thanks