CMS Development

bjones
Mitglied

AMP Pages

lösung

I have enabled AMP pages within hubspot for our blog, and everything seems to be working. I just have a general question regarding this. I saw that they do not allow this to be used for landing pages or other pages outside of the blog. Is this something that will ever be allowed? Is this because AMP is meant to be used for News/Blog style content only? I am new to AMP so I am trying to get a better understanding of all this. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I saw that [HubSpot does] not allow [AMP] to be used for landing pages or other pages outside of the blog. Is this because AMP is meant to be used for News/Blog style content only?

Short A: Pretty much.

Longer A:

>>Is this because AMP is meant to be used for News/Blog style content only?

If you read HubSpot's How to use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in HubSpot and the cited How AMP Works page from ampproject.org, you'll see they forgot to place a sign there. 😉

(see image)hubspot-amp-landing-pages-need-not-apply-600x248.png

While beautifully written HubSpot landing pages with no Javascript files, no stylesheets, no HubSpot forms, no head HTML and no footer HTML surely exist, can't honestly say we've ever seen one in the wild or would ever really want to.

>> Is this something that will ever be allowed?

"Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men." haha

That being said, if AMP is ever allowed on other pages it will certainly be announced either on the HubSpot Product Updates Page, at Inbound, or both!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten
sambhav16
Teilnehmer/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

I think there is a misinterpretation of the proper usage for Accelerated Mobile Pages. At the end of the day the idea is to make your pages faster for mobile - it is not just for blog posts. That said it would take a ton of development work for the HS team to get something like this put in place because it is quite complex and requires a lot of work to get proper analytics in place.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I saw that [HubSpot does] not allow [AMP] to be used for landing pages or other pages outside of the blog. Is this because AMP is meant to be used for News/Blog style content only?

Short A: Pretty much.

Longer A:

>>Is this because AMP is meant to be used for News/Blog style content only?

If you read HubSpot's How to use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in HubSpot and the cited How AMP Works page from ampproject.org, you'll see they forgot to place a sign there. 😉

(see image)hubspot-amp-landing-pages-need-not-apply-600x248.png

While beautifully written HubSpot landing pages with no Javascript files, no stylesheets, no HubSpot forms, no head HTML and no footer HTML surely exist, can't honestly say we've ever seen one in the wild or would ever really want to.

>> Is this something that will ever be allowed?

"Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men." haha

That being said, if AMP is ever allowed on other pages it will certainly be announced either on the HubSpot Product Updates Page, at Inbound, or both!

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
shadegirl
Teilnehmer/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

Jumping into this post as I have a similar question. We need AMP for our landing pages from Google Ads. Is there an AMP plugin that Hubspot accepts?

MFrankJohnson
Vordenker/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

HubSpot AMPHubSpot AMP

- see Enable Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in your blog

HubSpot Landing pages do not support AMP.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
shadegirl
Teilnehmer/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

Thanks for responding Frank. Yes I understand about the blog posts but we are wanting AMP for Landing Pages. Realise this isn't a feature yet, but wondering if Hubspot allows an AMP plugin?

Mitchellaw
Teilnehmer/-in

AMP Pages

lösung

just seen this conversation about accelerated mobile pages. Yes definitely is something we need. How is the best way to get this to the attention of HS developers?

bjones
Mitglied

AMP Pages

lösung

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!