Blog, Website & Page Publishing

mmcgibbony
Teilnehmer/-in

workflow based on blog behavior

lösung

Hello,

We have a user that has requested the following and I am struggling with finding a solution.

The user would like to automatically email to contacts based on a property that is a checkbox field called, "Contact gone cold?". Within this email, the user would like for Hubspot to pull the most up to date blog posts with a specific tag from the WP site so that each month, the emails contain different but relevant posts for that tag.

The problem is that the blog posts are made directly into the wordpress site not in HS.  

So my question is can we use a specific plugin that will integrate with HS to look at the tag of a post and then send an email based on the tagged post to resurface a cold lead into a campaign based on their latest blog read/opened/commented on in an email template?

Kind of a tough one for me to even explain!!!!

Would love your ideas and thoughts if you have them.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

This is a pretty straightforward solution.  Within Hubspot you can send RSS emails to pull the blog posts from the Wordpress site.  Using that, it's just a matter of grabbing the feed ( WP Feed Doc ) and adding it to the email.  Then choose your recipients using an active list, schedule it monthly and you are set.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

The instructions for setting up an RSS email can be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-blog/set-up-an-rss-to-email-blog-subscription-for-an-external-blog

Unfortunately, the only other path I would know to go down in this instance is to utilize the API to trigger an email send on the events that you mentioned, and while that is possible and may fit more custom into the solution, it is also much more involved to setup as opposed to the RSS email.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten
RSaeed
Mitglied

lösung

Thank you all the decision was help full forxxx

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

This is a pretty straightforward solution.  Within Hubspot you can send RSS emails to pull the blog posts from the Wordpress site.  Using that, it's just a matter of grabbing the feed ( WP Feed Doc ) and adding it to the email.  Then choose your recipients using an active list, schedule it monthly and you are set.

mmcgibbony
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Ben

This makes sense to me at a high level.  When you shared "you can send RSS emails to pull the blog posts from the Wordpress site", this was where my question comes up.  Do you have a link or article that will guide me through the setup of this configuration?  

I was not going down the path of the RSS email but that does make sense to me.  I just can't find any documentation specific to this configuration requirement in the mountain of online Hubspot documents.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

The instructions for setting up an RSS email can be found here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-blog/set-up-an-rss-to-email-blog-subscription-for-an-external-blog

Unfortunately, the only other path I would know to go down in this instance is to utilize the API to trigger an email send on the events that you mentioned, and while that is possible and may fit more custom into the solution, it is also much more involved to setup as opposed to the RSS email.

Kamer
Mitglied

lösung

What is the right way to do this with individual blog  like product reviews that hosted on WordPress?

0 Upvotes
mmcgibbony
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Kamer,

You could try to do this for an individual blog but I couldn't find a way to make that work unless you were to get deeply involved in the API.  I followed the path that Ben on this thread provided and after some study and work at it, get this to work.

Hope this helps to guide you some.

Mike

mmcgibbony
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

awesome help sir.

Appreciate it very much.

Mike