Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ben-duchy
Top Contributor

template publishing

SOLVE

My apologies if this has been asked before, I've seen similar questions but nothing clear cut. If I make a change to a template and it's files (for example my master css), and press 'publish changes', will this update all live pages automatically or do I need to manually republish all relevant pages? I've noticed when I make changes to the templates, it doesn't update the live page, although when I recreate the live page under a new name, the content does pull through. Is it just a chaching issue?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

template publishing

SOLVE

Hi @ben-duchy,

When you update templates or CSS files, it will update all pages using those specific files as well without having to republish the actual pages.

If you aren't seeing the changes, I would recommend clearing cache and refreshing. If that still doesn't work, there may be some disconnect on what is being edited vs. what the pages are actually using. For example, modifying an incorrect class in a CSS file.

Hope that helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

template publishing

SOLVE

Hi @ben-duchy,

When you update templates or CSS files, it will update all pages using those specific files as well without having to republish the actual pages.

If you aren't seeing the changes, I would recommend clearing cache and refreshing. If that still doesn't work, there may be some disconnect on what is being edited vs. what the pages are actually using. For example, modifying an incorrect class in a CSS file.

Hope that helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
ben-duchy
Top Contributor

template publishing

SOLVE

Thanks for the swift reply, Josh, much appreciated. You were right, I just needed to clear my cache and it worked.

0 Upvotes