Blog, Website & Page Publishing

ojobson
Top Contributor

misspelled and alternative domain redirection

SOLVE

We have the marketing pro package.

I want to be able to foward a bunch of misspelled and alternative TLDs for our main (only) website domain to our website.

Is this possible within Hubspot, say using cname forwarding in our DNS? (This is what our IT team have so far setup and it isn't working).

If not, what might be the best method within our DNS to configure this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

What you are trying to do wouldn't be a cname record. Cnames point an alias to a new server, like a change of address for postal mail.  So basically when you do this, you would have to setup each domain in Hubspot.  All you need to do is setup your domain to forward. So you would leave the default DNS and then set up the domain to forward to your other domain.  I've copied this from Godaddy's help articles but your domain registrar would have exact instructions if you need it.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

What you are trying to do wouldn't be a cname record. Cnames point an alias to a new server, like a change of address for postal mail.  So basically when you do this, you would have to setup each domain in Hubspot.  All you need to do is setup your domain to forward. So you would leave the default DNS and then set up the domain to forward to your other domain.  I've copied this from Godaddy's help articles but your domain registrar would have exact instructions if you need it.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123

ojobson
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for clarifying - I didn't think CNAME was the right approach. I have done some more research and sent them a guide so they can do their job...

Redirects all implemented and working now!

0 Upvotes