Blog, Website & Page Publishing

RWahlgreen
Miembro

landing page(s) / retroactively modifying parent-child structure

resolver

Is there a way to assign a parent-child relationship between EXISTING landing pages? I am only seeing the option to "create a [new] child page" from the 'hierarchy' view of the Site Tree. This option does not appear in the Edit mode on a landing page nor in the 'standard' view of the landing page list. I also do not see an option to assign a parent landing page anywhere.

Being a newer user to the HubSpot marketing hub, I just wasn't aware that you could create a parent-child structure from the beginning since it's so tucked away. I created all my pages already and only now realize that a parent-child relationship is possible - I really don't want to recreate all my work! 

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

1 Soluciones aceptada
RWahlgreen
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Hi Kristen, thanks for the tips! I was able to change the child page URLs to reflect the site tree hierarchy and it worked! There is now a parent-child relationship between my pages in question. 

I appreciate the help! 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @RWahlgreen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your feedback regarding the parent-childhood relationship feature! 

I wanted to share this knowledge base documentation on how a child page can be made under a parent page in the Site Tree section of your pages. 

There currently isn't a way to convert an existing page to a child page. A new child page needs to be created from an existing page as explained here

I believe the reason behind this is that the child page inherits the parent page's URL. The site tree is determined by the URLs of the pages.

One way to resolve this would be to update the URL for the child page to have them sit under the parent page. You can read more about changing the URL of the content in this knowledge base article

If you have www.example.com/home and wanted www.example.com/contact to sit under it as a Child of the page, you would need to update the page slug to www.example.com/home/contact

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have any advice on how you could this. 

Hi @Jnix284@LucBenayoun@Josh - Do you have any tips for @RWahlgreen?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Me gusta
Jnix284
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

@RWahlgreen no worries - you don't have to redo everything, all you need to do is modify the URL for the child pages to include /parent/child so that the connection is made.

HubSpot will automatically create a redirect from /child to /parent/child when you update the page if it's live.

It is a somewhat hidden feature because it happens automatically based on the URL and it certainly isn't clear that you can add /parent/child/another-child to the page slug, but hopefully now you can get the structure cleaned up to work best for your content!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Jnix284

resolver

oops - didn't see you replied to Kristen that you made the updates already 😉

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

RWahlgreen
Solución
Miembro

resolver

Hi Kristen, thanks for the tips! I was able to change the child page URLs to reflect the site tree hierarchy and it worked! There is now a parent-child relationship between my pages in question. 

I appreciate the help! 

kvlschaefer

resolver

Hi @RWahlgreen,

You're very welcome!

Glad to hear they helped, and that you were able to find a solution to this 🙂

Best,

Kristen

P.S. Thank you for your helpful insight as well, @Jnix284 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !