Blog, Website & Page Publishing

bstock98
Participant

@import Google Font not working within css files

SOLVE

Hey there Everyone,

I am trying to add a different font to the css stylesheets attached to the website I'm designing and I can't seem to get a new google font to import with the URL link and font-family reference.

Would anyone be able to show me what I'm doing wrong here?

This is the import link in the first stylesheet:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Raleway:ital,wght@0,100;0,200;0,300;0,400;0,500;0,600;0,700...

Here is the font-family reference:

font-family: 'Raleway', sans-serif; /* 1 */
-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; /* 2 */
-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; /* 2 */
}

If you need anymore info to help me clarify this, please let me know.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Ben S.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You have an issue in your starter.css file.  CSS renders based on order of operation, so since it is included after reset it is superceding it.  In starter.css,  line 6252 there is a CSS for the body tag that reads:

font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"

When you take out that line the reset css file that you have begins showing the Raleway font again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

We are going to need to see the page in question or a test page that you can publish.  There is nothing wrong with the code itself that you published, but there could be an error on the page preventing the code from working as expected.

bstock98
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for responding,

Here is a link to the preview of the page:

https://www.signumbiosciences.com/hyvia-home?hs_preview=YKLHlbjt-27438858245

Ben S.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You have an issue in your starter.css file.  CSS renders based on order of operation, so since it is included after reset it is superceding it.  In starter.css,  line 6252 there is a CSS for the body tag that reads:

font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"

When you take out that line the reset css file that you have begins showing the Raleway font again.

bstock98
Participant

SOLVE

Ben,

Thank you so much! That fixed it all. I appreciate the help.

Ben S.

0 Upvotes