Blog, Website & Page Publishing

Mainata
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

customize an account / modules

SOLVE

Hello, dear madam or sir,

Can you help me with my problem?
I have to customize an account for a customer.
One issue are the modules.
For landing pages the are three types - theme, common, and all modules. I will create custom modules under "Theme modules", but the "common modules" and "all modules" will still be visible for the user. Is there a possibility to hide all other modules, so the user just sees the custom modules?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Yours
Mainata

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Mainata , 

At first glance, I'd say that's not possible.

Yeah, I already found an idea that has been submitted.

You can recommend upvoting and/or commenting on this idea to receive updates about this request.

And that's the idea about reporting percentages: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Reporting-feature-should-offer-percentages/idi-p/333...

I'd also recommend upvoting and/or commenting on the idea above.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Mainata ,

I believe you are referring to the use of smart content. This allows the content (i.e. modules) to display different versions based on the viewer category. To elaborate further, viewer A might see modules 1 to 5 but viewer B might only be able to see module 1 as the rest will not be shown to viewer B.

This guide explains further in detail and has the step-by-step on how they can set this up. I’m sharing it here for your reference.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
Mainata

SOLVE

Hi @webdew ,

thanks again for your help and time! No, actually I don't mean smart content 🙂 what I mean is the UX and UI in HubSpot. We manage an account for customers and we want that the user (the employee who build the landing pages) just see the custom modules and not all HubSpot-modules. That is my issue. We had a similar problem with the email modules, so I am afraid that there will be no possibility to hide them. I think that UX and UI are really important and the lack of customization in HubSpot is really a drawback.

Cheers
Mainata

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Mainata ,

To my knowledge, you want to hide the "theme modules" from users and only make the "common" and "all" modules visible in the UI, i.e. the design manager? If so, then make sure the user has design manager permissions, they will be able to see all modules there. The best way to ensure that users can't edit specific modules is to put them in a folder and lock the folder. You can follow these steps and see if that works for you

This way, only the developer has access to editing the modules - since the modules in the locked folder can only be edited using the CLI which the non-developer users would probably not be able to do.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regards.

Mainata

SOLVE

Hi @webdew ,

It's great that you find time and tries to help me! I appreciate that!
Actually I mean the opposite 🙂 We need that our customers just see the "theme modules". Because those are the modules that we specifically customized and those are the module, that are significant for our customers.

2021-09-13_102509.png
thanks again and have a great week!

Cheers
Mainata

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Mainata , 

At first glance, I'd say that's not possible.

Yeah, I already found an idea that has been submitted.

You can recommend upvoting and/or commenting on this idea to receive updates about this request.

And that's the idea about reporting percentages: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Reporting-feature-should-offer-percentages/idi-p/333...

I'd also recommend upvoting and/or commenting on the idea above.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Regard.