Blog, Website & Page Publishing

kwaddingham

changing old blog title

SOLVE

Hi we have a very old blog title that is over the 60 characters.  If i reduce the title, will it wreck my seo on the old title that we already have.

For example Current heading is:

What investment property tax deductions can I claim on my rental property this financial year?

and I would like to change to:

What rental property tax deductions can I claim this financial year?

Thanks Kylie

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

changing old blog title

SOLVE

Hi @kwaddingham,

I wouldn't be overly concerned about changing the title. The relevancy between the two titles is close. While the page title is important, it's not the only thing that is supporting the SEO on a particular page. I would be more concerned if you are changing the title, URL, content, etc., in combination as opposed to 1 element.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

changing old blog title

SOLVE

Hi @kwaddingham. I don't believe changing the title to a more concise header will wreck SEO as you put it. With many factors going into SEO, one change like this won't have a catastrophic effect positively nor negatively. In my professional opinion, it will however have a positive effect over time. Especially considering your proposed change looks better - it's concise and understandable. My vote: change it! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

changing old blog title

SOLVE

Hi @kwaddingham. I don't believe changing the title to a more concise header will wreck SEO as you put it. With many factors going into SEO, one change like this won't have a catastrophic effect positively nor negatively. In my professional opinion, it will however have a positive effect over time. Especially considering your proposed change looks better - it's concise and understandable. My vote: change it! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Josh
Solution

changing old blog title

SOLVE

Hi @kwaddingham,

I wouldn't be overly concerned about changing the title. The relevancy between the two titles is close. While the page title is important, it's not the only thing that is supporting the SEO on a particular page. I would be more concerned if you are changing the title, URL, content, etc., in combination as opposed to 1 element.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer